Graphics
Gigabyte AMD HD6850 1024Mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just installed 2.0.1 and was greeted by the circle/slash. I restarted and got a desktop using -x -v PCIRootUID=0. Oddly, with this combination, I first got a white screen with working mouse cursor, but no login prompt. I touched the power button which put the system to sleep. When I again touched the power button, the machine woke and displayed the login prompt. I reverted to Chimera 1.11.1 and things are back to normal. Odd.

ML 10.8.2

System freeze after login with Chimera 2.0.1 install

same problem here....

Closed, no details and can't reproduce.

Why is this closed? what details do you need? I am having the same issue with my machine.

gigabyte z68-ud5-b3
ATI Radeon HD 6780
intel i7 2600k

I am able to get 10.8.2 loaded and running with multi-beast and Chimera to v1.11.1 without any problems, but as soon as i install Chimera 2.0.1 my system crashes and will not boot into anything other than the white screen. I have tried -v -x graphicsEnabler=no and I have the same issue. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you

The issue is most likely your 6780 and I do not have any access to one.

Anyway, as soon as you used GraphicsEnabler=No you took Chimera out of the equation. So there is something else going on.

What else did you do when you updated Chimera?

Thanks for the reply MacMan!

After a lot of rework and many hours, I think i have a stable system again with iMessages working, thanks for the Chimera 2.0.1 update. I think what may have been the problem was that I previously did not have a DSDT, my system was running perfectly without one. But who knows, my experience with Hackintosh's makes me think if you make a small change and don't pray and baby them, they will crash on you and ruin your week or weeks.

In case someone else runs into the same issues I had, here is a breakdown of what I did. First this is the Hardware I am running, mainly the customac #4,

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 Bios Version 10
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870
SSD for my Operating system and a couple 3 TB drives for junk.

I got a fresh and stable system running used Unibeast to get OSX 10.8.2 installed. Used Multibeast with the following options selected, selected the USER DSDT checkbox but did not have a DSDT, ALC889 - without DSDT, ElliotForceLegacy RTC, EvOReboot, FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins, NullCPUPowerManagement, Realtek-LNx2 Mac's, iMac12,2. Ran the Realtek install but did not reboot immediately, Ran Kextbeast to add the ATI6000Controller back, then installed the standalone Chimera 1.11.1 application, and finally added my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file with the following options.

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Gibba</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>PCIRoot</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>

After this I ran the iCloud fix which added the following code to my chameleon.Boot.plist file

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>::INSERT NUMBERS HERE FROM THE iCLOUD TOOL FIX::</string>

I made 2 copies of this system on other drives with CCC so i could test and play around without much worry. Make a copy of your chameleon.Boot.plist somewhere because it got changed for me between running Multibeast again and installing Chimera 2.0.1. Anyways, I downloaded, copied to my desktop, and renamed the GA-z68x-ud5-b3 F10 DSDT, then installed with the same options selected in Multibeast as I used before sans the Realtek ethernet and also added SSDT.aml for the sandybridge i7 OC. After that I installed the new Chimera 2.0.1, and finally copied my old chameleon.Boot.plist over the one that got altered. Now was the time for reckoning.... crash after crash I got no where, It would either freeze at USBMSC Indentifier (non-Unique) and something about a FireWire(OHCI), or get the White Screens of death. By chance i got it to boot all the way up and I thought i was home free, only to restart and run into the same issue.

Trouble shooting steps
I removed all USBs that were connected, this seemed to fix my USBMSC issue, only thing that was plugged in now was my Keyboard and mouse in the USB2.0 ports.

I tried boot using -v -x GraphicEnabler=No and -v -x but still ran into the white screen of death.

After doing -v -x and booting into the white screen, i restarted and then booted with just -v, this time it worked. So i restarted and tried to boot again with just -v. It froze up right after the FireWire(OHCI) line. So i found out i was able to boot everytime after a failed attempt with "-v -x". When i was able to boot, i used verbose "-v" and noticed it was loading what i believe were kext. So I figured it had to be something to do with that. I used the line "-v UseKernelCache=No" to boot the next time and it worked. So i have added the following to my chameleon.Boot.plist file and things seem to be stable and working.

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

let me know if anyone can think of a more permanent fix by noticing something i may have done wrong. My next task is going to be getting the card to hook up to my TV via HDMI, I hope luck is on my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back