Contribute
Register

[CLOSED] Force 1080p mode - Garbled screen - cannot change resolutions either - HD4000 i7 Gigabyte G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MAC
CPU
i7-3770K @ 3.6 Ghz
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have two Sharp Aquos televisions, both perfectly capable of displaying 1080p, however, use 1080p display refuses to work with them at all. The screen is just garbled. It only works at 1366x768, with a DVI-->HDMI Adapter.

The first boot after Chimera install, the screen defaults to 1366x768, and if you ever change it again, you have to reinstall the OS or you'll never get that resolution to work again on HDMI.

Not even rebooting, pulling the HDMI Cable and replugging it, or reinstalling the bootloader works. Forcing any other resolution doesn't work either with the plist, garbled video.

Changing to any other resolution does not work either. 1080i displays completely stretched from top to bottom. Any other resolution, screen garbles.

EDIT- Figured out at least something. It won't work until the OVERSCAN slider is slid all the way to the right. Default, it garbles the screen. Now 1080p works on my televisions.

Force 1080p mode - Garbled screen - cannot change resolutions either - HD4000 i7 Gigabyte GA-Z77 Wifi

Open MultiBeast and choose 1080p Display under customization. Then reboot. It should fix most of your boot time HD 4000 display issues. As to the overscan stuff, it can differ per display.

Hope this helps.

Force 1080p mode - Garbled screen - cannot change resolutions either - HD4000 i7 Gigabyte GA-Z77 Wifi

Open MultiBeast and choose 1080p Display under customization. Then reboot. It should fix most of your boot time HD 4000 display issues. As to the overscan stuff, it can differ per display.

Hope this helps.

I had already done this multiple times, it just doesn't work without tweaking the overscan.

I had already done this multiple times, it just doesn't work without tweaking the overscan.

Everything works well and you just have overscan, that's it?

If is, the problem is your tv. It also happened with me, and I found the problem as my panasonic that have overscan turn on by default. Read your tv manual and find what is the option to turn it off.

Everything works well and you just have overscan, that's it?

If is, the problem is your tv. It also happened with me, and I found the problem as my panasonic that have overscan turn on by default. Read your tv manual and find what is the option to turn it off.

Read once again, the screen is garbled unless the OVERSCAN slider is slid to the right. Overscan does absolutely nothing when changed, but it doesn't work at the default setting.

OMG !! Thanks. Was getting really annoyed as I was stuck with a low resolution and couldn't find a fix. Turns out it was an easy fix so thanks

Wonder why this still existing bug report is closed? This still doesn't work properly.

Add to this my brand new projector does the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back