Core i7-4790K
EVGA GT 740 SC
Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2x8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Corsair RM 650 Watt
Corsair Carbide 500R
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (N)

This is my second Hackintosh build. I moved into a new music studio and I wanted to keep my hackintosh at home so I decided to make a clone for the studio. Additionally, I wanted to keep Mountain Lion so all my music programs and plug-ins would run smoothly.

I followed the recommended customac parts list as of June 2015 as I thought it would be the easiest option. http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-june-2015.html#CustoMac_Pro

Here we go:

I plugged in my new SSD to my old hackintosh and cloned my original SSD drive using Carbon Copy Cloner. I then unplugged my original SSD, plugged in my bootable USB and installed Multibeast on my new drive (just using the easybeast settings). My old hackintosh then booted with my old drive – Happy Days J

(follow this guide to create a bootable USB with mountain lion http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/60584-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html)

I plugged my new SSD into my new hackintosh and had a number of complications. First off I had to boot with:

-x –v GraphicsEnabler=No

Then added this to my chameleon:

<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<string>PCIRootUID=1</string>
<string>GraphicsEnabler=No</string>

I had to change some bios settings as well:

VT-d ->Disabled
internal graphic ->Disabled
xHCI mode ->AUTO
xHCI Hand-off ->Enabled
EHCI Hand-off ->Enabled

It was booting up with these settings but was taking a while and I realised that it was hanging on this message:

“this a new CPU model 0x3c
power management may be incomplete or unsupported”

To fix this, I removed the AppleHDA.kext following these steps:

1. Run Terminal, and type:
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
2. Download KextBeast from tonymacx86.com and run it to rebuild /System/Library/Extensions/
3. Reboot, and it should be sorted

Also, at some point during this process, I was getting stuck on “Bluetooth missing controller transport” during start up. I’m not sure how I solved this, but I remember removing anything plugged into the usb ports and it then booting up. The problem didn’t occur again!

Thank you to the whole of the tonymac community for helping with this build. If it wasn’t for you guys, I would probably be wiping my tears with my motherboard :D

I hope this post help someone out there.