EVGA GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have my system running great, but I just got a Samsung Evo Pro 256GB SSD and I would like to use that as my OS HD.

I made an image of my system HD using disk utility, and then hooked up my Evo SSD and am trying to restore the image I made earlier onto the drive, however disk utility says it must scan the drive first and then comes up with error "Unable to scan "Samsung EVO Pro 256" (Resource is busy)

It is important to note that I am doing this on my current hack, do I need to do this from the installer (UniBeast)? Help please...

I have my system running great, but I just got a Samsung Evo Pro 256GB SSD and I would like to use that as my OS HD.

I made an image of my system HD using disk utility, and then hooked up my Evo SSD and am trying to restore the image I made earlier onto the drive, however disk utility says it must scan the drive first and then comes up with error "Unable to scan "Samsung EVO Pro 256" (Resource is busy)

It is important to note that I am doing this on my current hack, do I need to do this from the installer (UniBeast)? Help please...
Why not use CCC or SuperDuper to clone the drive? Either one will do the job.
Did you check to see if that model Samsung needed a Mac firmware update to be able to use it with OS X? Some of them do need a firmware update or disk utility will not format it for some reason.

duh...sorry for such a dumb question but CCC got my system and all apps on my evo pro now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back