Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DQ77MK
CPU
i5 3570
Graphics
GTX 650
I'm not sure where to post this, and can't find anything relevant so please forgive.

Trying to copy Mojave, on from a Toshiba 256gb ssd drive to a 512 Adata ssd drive. I've used ccc, I've used Superduper, formatted new drive, everything copies, I've copied EFI from 256 Drive to 512, used multibeast to create a boot.. Most of the time I get a failed installation error, sometimes, it says Installed successfully. Shut down, disconnect original 256gb drive, and reboot. No boot loader. I've tried this a dozen times. Multibeast.log is empty. I've tried Clover boot install.. Failed installation, contact manufacturer. I must be doing something wrong...

I'm not by any means an expert, I've been using my hackintosh mojave for about a year.

Thanks...

I don't have a windows pc, but I did make a bootable usb of Acronis True image standalone.. Tried running it.. Desination drive needs 0 more free bytes of space to continue.. (Rolleyes), nothing seems to work.. I know the drive works, it's new and I've copied linux and it's boot no problems..

must be for windows... I can't seem to find True Image for Mac on a standalone boot.

must be for windows... I can't seem to find True Image for Mac on a standalone boot.
To clone a hackintosh drive you want to use the Windows version. Ironically, the Mac version doesn't even boot properly on a hackintosh. What I've found to work best is the Windows PE version of the rescue USB instead of the Linux based version.

Now if I only had access to a Windoz computer. ugh.... Doesn't make much sense to me that I can use Multibeast to just install a boot loader on the new drive, and it successfully installs but won't boot.

Last edited:
Well, I cheated.. Run Linux as well as mac, and usually hit F10 to choose the op I want at startup.. I just installed ReFind on Linux, so my non bootable clone drive will now boot from linux bootloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back