CPU
i7-14700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have perfectly working Big Sur on my customac. I cloned the HD so I can create a new installation of big sur for my girl. How do I "restore" or "delete" all my files and settings from that cloned HD instead of going thru all the long installation process again?

It would be wonderful.

Thanks

Best to Google how to prepare a Mac to sell or give away...

A Hackintosh thing to think about:
  • OC config.plist Platform > General; details pertaining to iServices. You don't want your "girl's" build system IDs colliding with yours.
Other stuff is well covered in regular how-tos for Mac
  • Apps tied to an apple id, iservices config
  • Removing your user account
  • Resetting the OS for a fresh start
Off-handed point, both well-intended and snarky:

To make a gift of a customac is to dump a fair amount of responsibility on the recipient, which by your own wording we may guess probably thay are not ready to maintain. A hackintosh is a project that requires taking responsibility for both the build and the way the build is used. Think about the recipient: It's common for people to tie very intimate details of their lives to their PCs and Apple and every other e-vendor leads users down the primrose path to linking lots of stuff together, e.g., email, user IDs and saved-passwords, and therefore online accounts and points of contact for all kinds of personal stuff. When you are offering a system to GF you might also consider just buying a Mac off the shelf and spare her the future grief of having an on-line life tied to a system only you — and maybe not even you — understand how to maintain. IOW It's not clear such a gift is actually generous... lol! OTOH maybe it's nothing, just an app machine with no personal significance at all... Maybe you'll always be there everyday in everyway for eva and eva. Idk

Anywayz, given the apparent oblivion of the question, I figure it's worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back