Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo U410 i7
CPU
i7-3537U
Graphics
HD 4000
So, i updated to 10.14 successfully (converted to APFS) and as per all updates on my hack, i update my clone backup USB drive via CCC (i always copy EFI to make it bootable). This time im having an issue with my 10.14 clone drive. It just seems to hang on the black apple screen (after clover) without a progress bar. However, i connected the clone drive directly to the hack via SATA and it boots just fine! Has anyone else come across this issue at all and is there a way around this?

Thanks

So, i updated to 10.14 successfully (converted to APFS) and as per all updates on my hack, i update my clone backup USB drive via CCC (i always copy EFI to make it bootable). This time im having an issue with my 10.14 clone drive. It just seems to hang on the black apple screen (after clover) without a progress bar. However, i connected the clone drive directly to the hack via SATA and it boots just fine! Has anyone else come across this issue at all and is there a way around this?

Thanks
Do you get "still waiting for root device" on verbose mode?

Do you get "still waiting for root device" on verbose mode?
I don't believe so, no. Heres a pic of verbose mode booting from the backup drive.

Attachments

• IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
This time im having an issue with my 10.14 clone drive. It just seems to hang on the black apple screen (after clover) without a progress bar. However, i connected the clone drive directly to the hack via SATA and it boots just fine!

How is the "clone drive" connected if not SATA?

How is the "clone drive" connected if not SATA?
Its connected via USB. Its a storage drive what i have always used as a bootable clone drive (and always worked). But as stated above, i took the HDD out the enclosure and tested directly via SATA and it boots up just fine.

Booting a system volume connected via USB will require correct USB configuration.
Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
hmmm. I will look into this but i've never needed to do this in previous OS's and updates. Ive always copied the EFI contents and its just worked and i've been using the same USB drive. I was thinking i might be something to do with the APFS conversion but im not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back