Clevo W230SS - No HDMI video out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've attached it. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 294
I've attached it. Thanks for the help.

The patch is entered incorrectly... (you might want to determine where you went wrong)

Here is a corrected config.plist, attached...

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 149
Ah, I see what you mean. I tried that also, though (via entering your kext patch in Clover Configurator). I've saved the config.plist and rebooted, and do not have HDMI output.

Thanks for the help!

Ah, I see what you mean. I tried that also, though (via entering your kext patch in Clover Configurator). I've saved the config.plist and rebooted, and do not have HDMI output.

Thanks for the help!

It is unclear what config.plist you're actually using.

Post the config.plist you're using.

To verify the patch is working, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

I'm using the config.plist you posted. I've attached my ioreg.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Attachments

• szh’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 102
  • config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 220
I'm using the config.plist you posted. I've attached my ioreg.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

The ioreg shows port-number=7 under AppleIntelFramebuffer@1, so the patch is working to change the port for that connector...

Given that it doesn't work, there must be something else different about 0xd260007 vs. 0xa260006 that is making HDMI work. Use "AppleIntelFramebufferAzu.sh 0x0d260007 show" and "AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh 0x0a260006 show" to determine futher differences...

Are you certain your external display using 0xd260007 was connecting to port 7? You should check it in ioreg.

Since the LVDS connector data is the same for 0xd260007 and 0xa260006, the problem 0xd260007 causes for LVDS must be something else in the framebuffer data. Hopefully you can find out a setup that works for both.

I've tried to use AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh to change the connector type of port 5 to HDMI, which didn't work as well. Would an ioreg from booting with 0xd260007 help? I'll go get it now.

EDIT: I've uploaded the ioreg. It does look like it's connected to port 7.

Attachments

• 0x0d260007.ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 91
I've tried to use AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh to change the connector type of port 5 to HDMI, which didn't work as well.

There is no need to actually use AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.sh to patch things (and not recommended). Since you're using Clover, you can make all changes necessary with config.plist.

Would an ioreg from booting with 0xd260007 help? I'll go get it now.

Yes (with HDMI monitor connected), because we can see which port it is attaching to.

I've uploaded the ioreg in the previous post. It does look like it's connected to port 7.
EDIT: And I've restored the original AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

I've uploaded the ioreg in the previous post. It does look like it's connected to port 7.
EDIT: And I've restored the original AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

Yup.

So the port 5 -> port 7 patch is a good one to keep as you continue to tweak 0xa260006. There are plenty of other differences in the two framebuffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back