Graphics
GT 650M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys since I am new to this mac thing i would appreciate if u could help me.

I recently bought a new laptop, it is a Clevo W110ER:

Intel i7 3630QM 2.4-3.4
1x8GB RAM (DDR3-1600, other slot free)
Nvidia GT650M (with optimus technology)
Samsung 128GB SSD

The only thing I need to know is if it is possible to "hackintosh" this laptop. Thank you for your time.

Sorry for this very late reply. I'm contemplating this machine as well, and wondered about which of the many processors on offer makes the best compromise between power, heat, battery life, etc.

Turns out they all consume the same amount of power and they all offer miserable battery life, whether you pick an i3 or an i7... `so I am still on the fence abut this one.

Anyway, your question about hackintoshing. I think the answer is sadly no -- the Optimus technology appears to be an insurmountable obstacle. It seems to be a deeply mysterious piece of technology that even Windows ueber-nerds struggle to get to grips with. Making it work with OSX is clearly easier said than done.

Here's about the only good info I found on the w110er... it's a very vey long thread on another forum (sorry guys) http://forum.notebookreview.com/sag...er-np6110-clevo-w110er-first-look-review.html

How are you enjoying that machine? I have a question for you --- is it cool enough to use on your knees or is that asking for spontaneous combustion? I am aware that hot air gets blasted out the side, but the underneath temps are a mystery to me.

Sorry for the late reply but i have had a lot of work lately.

I feel bad the I wont be able to hackintosh this laptop but as for your question,
You can actualy use this laptop on your lap if its not for an extended amout of time, but due to the fact of it being so small its not confortable to use it that way. I found myself buying a small lap cooler with integrated mouse steelpad and it works briliantly.

As for the laptop itself, running perfectly and i absolutly couldnt find a better relationship between performance, portability and price.

Is it possible to turn of the integrated graphic card from this laptop (HD4000) and use the dedicated GT650M without optimus...
ATM i dont really care about battery life so....
And if so, would this be "Hackintoshable"?

Laptop Model -->Clevo W110ER

CPU -->i7 3630QM
GPU -->nVidia GeForce GT650M
Hard Drive -->Samsung 830 128GB SSD
RAM -->8 GB (1600MHz)x1

@Jeckt: Did you manage to "hackintosh" your W110ER?
I have the same laptop and I'm trying to find a maximum of settings for the BIOS before beginning...
Thanks for your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back