i7-7700HQ/HM175
Graphics
GTX 1070 / HD630, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I successfully installed High Sierra, now working on the post install procedure.
Currently Wifi, Bluetooth and screen brightness and a custom USBInjectAll.kext + SSDT is working fine. The only problem I have is that sleep is not working and sometimes a high fan noise. I suspect something is wrong with the power management. I'm using the `SSDT-PluginType1` method.

Debug files can be found in the attachments.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• debug_31297.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
I successfully installed High Sierra, now working on the post install procedure.
Currently Wifi, Bluetooth and screen brightness and a custom USBInjectAll.kext + SSDT is working fine. The only problem I have is that sleep is not working and sometimes a high fan noise. I suspect something is wrong with the power management. I'm using the `SSDT-PluginType1` method.

Debug files can be found in the attachments.
Thanks in advance!

Your USB configuration is wrong (UsbConnector values are wrong).
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Your SSDT-PluginType1.aml is not needed (and, in fact is being ignored due to config.plist/ACPI/DisabledAML). You should just remove it, as it would conflict with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true (if it was actually loading).

What is the specific problem with sleep?

Alright I see what went wrong with SSDT-PluginType1.aml!
For the sleeping issue: if it goes to sleep, it just wakes almost instantly after the screen went black, maybe some DSDT patches are missing.
I will take a second look into the SSDT-UIAC for the USB configuration.

Thanks! I used the USB _PRW 0x6D (instant wake) Skylake version which seemed to be working for those sleep issues! The only thing is that I don't understand the UsbConnector values for the SSDT-UIAC. I assume you meant that those HSxx devices are wrong. Do you mean that those USBConnector types from IORegisteryExplorer.app are the right values? However you said in the guide:
HSxx ports that are connected to a USB3 port should be marked UsbConnector=3, not UsbConnector=0.
I'm a bit confused actually. My SSDT-UIAC source can be found in the attachment.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.dsl
    2.9 KB · Views: 273
Thanks! I used the USB _PRW 0x6D (instant wake) Skylake version which seemed to be working for those sleep issues! The only thing is that I don't understand the UsbConnector values for the SSDT-UIAC. I assume you meant that those HSxx devices are wrong. Do you mean that those USBConnector types from IORegisteryExplorer.app are the right values? However you said in the guide:
I'm a bit confused actually.

Your ioreg and kextcache prove that USBInjectAll.kext is not installed.
SSDT-UIAC.aml is not effective without it.

My SSDT-UIAC source can be found in the attachment.

FYI: You cannot have multiple DefinitionBlock in macOS. AppleACPIPlatform.kext does not support it correctly.

I see, I'm learning a lot! Thanks!

I have another question. Currently the Intel HD630 takes care of handling the internal display, but Windows shows that the HDMI is routed through the NVIDIA device (my laptop is almost unique in doing that), and testing HDMI on Mac only gets a black screen (obviously because NVIDIA is disabled by your default Clover patches). I thought I would remove those NVIDIA disabling patches :
"Inject "name" as (data)"#display" to disable graphics drivers on NVidia",
"Inject "IOName" as "#display" to disable graphics drivers on NVidia",
"Inject bogus class-code to prevent graphics drivers loading for NVidia"
"change GFX0 to IGPU"
from Clover's config.plist. Unfortunately that is not working as I get stuck on boot, showing the Apple logo with a spinning wheel through it.

In the FAQ I find:
If your discrete device (AMD Radeon or Nvidia) is not routed through the Intel GPU, then it is considered dedicated. Some laptops have the internal display connected to the Intel GPU and the external HDMI/DP port connected to the discrete graphics device. It is rare, but in that case you would be able to get the device to work with the external display with proper kexts and correct configuration, much like a dual-GPU desktop setup.
What are the correct steps to take then, and what do I need to change for the configuration?
(I don't know if it is relevant but I attached my recent debug files WITH disabled NVIDIA GPU as I could not boot without it)

Attachments

• debug_9462.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I have another question. Currently the Intel HD630 takes care of handling the internal display, but Windows shows that the HDMI is routed through the NVIDIA device (my laptop is almost unique in doing that), and testing HDMI on Mac only gets a black screen (obviously because NVIDIA is disabled by your default Clover patches). I thought I would remove those NVIDIA disabling patches :
"Inject "name" as (data)"#display" to disable graphics drivers on NVidia",
"Inject "IOName" as "#display" to disable graphics drivers on NVidia",
"Inject bogus class-code to prevent graphics drivers loading for NVidia"
"change GFX0 to IGPU"
from Clover's config.plist. Unfortunately that is not working as I get stuck on boot, showing the Apple logo with a spinning wheel through it.

In the FAQ I find:
What are the correct steps to take then, and what do I need to change for the configuration?
(I don't know if it is relevant but I attached my recent debug files WITH disabled NVIDIA GPU as I could not boot without it)

You need to use the spoof SSDT until you have the Nvidia drivers loaded and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back