980m (No Optimus)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all!
I have installed El capitan 10.11.2 Over my New Clevo P750DM with a single discrete Nvidia 980m (No integrated GPU available on this system)
I have followed all the instruction carefully from this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-6700k-intel-z170-nvidia-980m-4k-display.html
I removed nv_disable=1 and used nvda_drv=1 + latest nvidia web drivers + modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to prevent display sleep.
Finally I got a fully working System with full GFX performance!
Here comes the strange thing:
I connected two more external displays which instantly worked perfectly, then I rebooted,
After the reboot the notebooks internal screen stopped working.
Now internal screen always goes off after restarting, only external displays works, internal screen is not identified at all under the system prefrences.
I tried to inject the EDID but it didn't solve the problem.
Rebooting the system without any external displays connected - still a black screen.
I reinstalled all the system again, rebooted several times and everything was OK until again I connected external display and rebooted once or twice.
Anyone can help?
Thanks!

n.b.
screen is a 1080 Full HD display

Thanks to discipline:

As discussed in IRC, for those with the same laptop and with the same problem, a work around is:

Boot with nv_disable=1
Openn terminal and do:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches
Then reboot with nvda_drv=1

I'm not sure what causes it, but this seems to fix it until the next kernel cache update for me

Similar to above stated: my screen works when the OS is installed on a SATA drive (SSD or HDD both are tested.) and doesnt work with NVMe stick.

When on NVMe i connected a HDMI device and could work on that. so the drivers work
Also i did all those AppleGraphicsPolicy, kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel... stuff

giving clover my EDID ( LQ156D1JW04 ) also didnt do the trick.

rebuilding kextcache after all with no changes what so ever.

any other ideas?

is it maybe that NVMe is stealing PCI adresses and everything else changes then too? i dont know, i am to new to this stuff

Similar to above stated: my screen works when the OS is installed on a SATA drive (SSD or HDD both are tested.) and doesnt work with NVMe stick.

When on NVMe i connected a HDMI device and could work on that. so the drivers work
Also i did all those AppleGraphicsPolicy, kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel... stuff

giving clover my EDID ( LQ156D1JW04 ) also didnt do the trick.

rebuilding kextcache after all with no changes what so ever.

any other ideas?

is it maybe that NVMe is stealing PCI adresses and everything else changes then too? i dont know, i am to new to this stuff

NVMe storage unlikely to have anything to do with graphics configuration.

Hi all!
I have installed El capitan 10.11.2 Over my New Clevo P750DM with a single discrete Nvidia 980m (No integrated GPU available on this system)
I have followed all the instruction carefully from this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-6700k-intel-z170-nvidia-980m-4k-display.html
I removed nv_disable=1 and used nvda_drv=1 + latest nvidia web drivers + modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to prevent display sleep.
Finally I got a fully working System with full GFX performance!
Here comes the strange thing:
I connected two more external displays which instantly worked perfectly, then I rebooted,
After the reboot the notebooks internal screen stopped working.
Now internal screen always goes off after restarting, only external displays works, internal screen is not identified at all under the system prefrences.
I tried to inject the EDID but it didn't solve the problem.
Rebooting the system without any external displays connected - still a black screen.
I reinstalled all the system again, rebooted several times and everything was OK until again I connected external display and rebooted once or twice.
Anyone can help?
Thanks!

n.b.
screen is a 1080 Full HD display

i saw some similar cases on P750zm

you can try to inject a correct gfx string on clover/config with the correct port(you can see it on ioreg)

more detail on this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...g-bar-for-some-dedicated-desktop-video-cards/

[sorry to hijack the thread, but I can't send private messages]

@loppol - did you manage to enable screen backlight control on your p750zm ? If so, can you explain what you did? Thanks

[sorry to hijack the thread, but I can't send private messages]

@loppol - did you manage to enable screen backlight control on your p750zm ? If so, can you explain what you did? Thanks

sorry,i just saw your reply...
maybe it's a little bit late for the reply, but i want to share some thoughts

I wrote a tiny script, it may help you to enable your backlight control(as well as the 'sun' icon)

here is the repo: https://github.com/meimeidyyd/Nvidia-900mSeries-Hackintosh

sorry,i just saw your reply...
maybe it's a little bit late for the reply, but i want to share some thoughts

I wrote a tiny script, it may help you to enable your backlight control(as well as the 'sun' icon)

here is the repo: https://github.com/meimeidyyd/Nvidia-900mSeries-Hackintosh
Hi loppol!
Thank you very much!
You have solved my black screen issue!! :clap:
The only problem is it is working until 10.11.4
10.11.5/10.11.6 The black screen issue is back with no option to change even with the cache reset.
If you ever find a solution for that I woul appreciate if you share.
Thanks Again!!

Hi loppol!
Thank you very much!
You have solved my black screen issue!! :clap:
The only problem is it is working until 10.11.4
10.11.5/10.11.6 The black screen issue is back with no option to change even with the cache reset.
If you ever find a solution for that I woul appreciate if you share.
Thanks Again!!

Hi katza,
which SMBIOS are you currently using?
if you are using some newer SMBIOS, you may need to change your corresponding smbios id on AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy to 'none' and have a try.

hope this can help.

Did you solve the problem?? i have the same problem..

I did all about black screen,

method 1, 2,3 (config.plist modifying, appgpu patch, info.plist modifying..)

But it doesnt work...

and also i reinstalled 10.11.4 ,5, 6..

And then i saw your reply that the previous version will be ok..

would you plz upload your efi folder?

i want to try with yours.. and plz tell me your current OSX version

thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back