Graphics
GTX-660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've done a fresh install using Unibeast and a USB Drive, by far the easiest and quickest install I've ever done. The install included the DSDT from the database and Multibeast.

I did the fresh install because I upgraded my SSD Drive to a Crucial M4

I'm having some trouble getting my computer to sleep and a few other issues.

Attached are my Multibeast and Extra folder screenshots.

Problem 1:

Before I installed the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback Kexts I would never get Kernel Panicks, at least in the 2 hours my machine was up and running with the new system. After I installed them I started getting Kernel Panicks and had to apply the Repair Permissions in Multibeast. The system seems fine now, this was also a problem in my last install of Lion and it would occasionally need a restart. It seems this issue will soon be resolved because there is a new patch for the ALC889 codec that you can use in place of this, but at this time it requires a DSDT edit which I don't know how to do.

Problem 2: No sleep, I've tried loading the AppleRTC Patch for CMOS via Multibeast, repairing permissions but still no go? I can get it to sleep, then I can wake it via the keyboard but the screens won't turn on, if I press the reset button then the screens will turn on and I can log back on. This isn't a major issue but it would be nice if I could figure it out.

Should I load the AppleRTC kext from Snow Leopard?

Do I need to load NullCPUPowerManagement?

At the beginning I also loaded USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas Kext but deleted it because someone else had said that this could be causing the no sleep issue, should I load this or not?

Also what System Definition should I be running? Currently at Mac Pro 3,1

Thank you for your responses any help would be appreciated.

-Shelby

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 11.03.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 11.03.07 AM.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 11.02.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 11.02.58 AM.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 11.02.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 11.02.49 AM.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 113
Okay I also tried using the Snow Leopard Kext I had from that installation. Still no sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back