Contribute
Register

Clean install on Intel's D975XBX2 (aka BadAxe2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have just successfully updated to 10.8.3, directly via sw update (app store). Everything is working.

10.8.3 good for me to. Had a kernel panic so I booted to safe mode and reapplied voodoo. After that it boots fine.

10.8.5 .... is it safe?

Hi,

I just installed 10.8.5 on the same board following these steps:
1. Clean install 10.8.0 using Unibeast
2. Copied dsdt.aml from link in post above to desktop
3. Multibeast 5.0.2 with the options from the posts - UserDSDT, VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector...
4. Reboot
No probs until there except all fans were spinning crazy.

5. Updated to 10.8.5
6. Reboot in Safe Mode (there were panics)
7. Reinstall only VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 from Multibeast
Then I had the 10.8.5 with pretty much everything OK.

Issues:
1. SATA drives on Marvell don't work
2. After every boot have to plug in and out something in the front headphones connector to have audio from the rear green. After, for example the headphones are plugged out I have sound from the speakers until the next boot.
3. After sleep the computer awakes but nothing on the screen and have to push the reset button so isn't very useful and would say not working.

Overall stable system. I'm now going to try some heavy stuff on it like video and 3D animations to test how it would behave.

Thanks for the feedback on 10.8.5. I just plucked up courage and went from 10.8.3 to 10.8.5 via standard software update. Restarted perfectly, didn't have to reinstall anything.

Don't know what happened to "Intel DX975XBX2 - Operational" post I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back