Contribute
Register

Clean install on Intel's D975XBX2 (aka BadAxe2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel D975XBX2
CPU
Intel C2D 2.4
Graphics
nVidia 8800 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All, just want to confirm that installation of Mountain Lion is as easy as installation of Lion (10.7.4.). Everything is fully working incl. onboard audio and sleep/wake.

...yes, old xbx2 is still supported :)

Hello I also have a D975Xbx2 can you give me a quick breakdown on how you did this?

Hello Goatman

I've bought new OSX 10.8. from app store, used new (Mountain Lion) unibeast to create installation USB. Installed it on my spare HD (im still runing 10.7.4. as a main OS). After reboot I've run multibeast - initially installing only dsdt.aml for xbx2. After reboot, everything was working exceept onboard audio. Since I dont have separate audio card the only solution was to use latest woodoHDA (included in multibeast). But be aware that dsdt is conflicting with woodooHDA, so you have to delete dsdt.aml before installing woodooHDA otherwise the system won't boot properly. Obviously I am currently using only woodoHDA. and HDisk kext (can't remember exact name) to show drives as internal - without dsdt. Hope this will help you.

Where did you get the dsdt for this mobo?

Leo...you da man...Thank you for sharing this info. Im almost fully up and running on my second system but Im looking for a fix for my ATI HD3870 card.

I tried to inject ATI3800 Controler.kext and ATIRadionX3000.kext using kext beast but had no luck. Im still having to boot with no Graphics Enabler

I've bought new OSX 10.8. from app store, used new (Mountain Lion) unibeast to create installation USB. Installed it on my spare HD (im still runing 10.7.4. as a main OS). After reboot I've run multibeast - initially installing only dsdt.aml for xbx2. After reboot, everything was working exceept onboard audio. Since I dont have separate audio card the only solution was to use latest woodoHDA (included in multibeast). But be aware that dsdt is conflicting with woodooHDA, so you have to delete dsdt.aml before installing woodooHDA otherwise the system won't boot properly. Obviously I am currently using only woodoHDA. and HDisk kext (can't remember exact name) to show drives as internal - without dsdt. Hope this will help you.

Could you tell me the HD Kext you are using? Having the same issue, also sleep isnt working for me although I never loaded the DSDT...do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

I just followed guide available here (unibeast for ML) as I have briefly described above. After installation I've run MultiBeast and installed woodooHDA (latest version) and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (to avoid showing internal disks as external - in orange color) and that was it !!!

The functionality is just the same as in Lion (10.7.4.) - sleep, on-board audio, etc... The only issue I have (both in Lion and ML) is that sound is not working after restart and I have to replug the audio cable. Although it is fully functional after waking up from sleep (not a big deal since I am using sleep all the time).

Again, if you have additional sound card supported by OS X than you should stick with DSDT solution which is much more vanilla.

Nevertheless, I don't know if it is relevant but I have updated my bios back in 2008 using custom bios compiled by BuildSmart (was running 10.5.8. that time).

Hope this will help. Good luck !

Dear mohsenmehrvarz,

I have D975XBX2 and installed Mountain Lion easier than setup windows on it. What's your other parts?

Please advice me, On 1st boot after installation (Unibeast) stop at :

"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resource Matching (AppleIntelCPU Power Management) time out"

Mobo: Intel D975XBX2
Processor : Intel Q6600 Quadcore 2.4Ghz.

Thanking you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back