Contribute
Register

Clean Install on Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mate,

Managed to upgrade the bios from f10 to UEFI

With you settings mentioned at the start everything is running smooth so far. Only thing i am missing is sound. On mavericks i used to check ALC889. But this is not working anymore for Yosemite ?

What did you do to make your sound work?

Cheers

Hey mate,

With you settings mentioned at the start everything is running smooth so far. Only thing i am missing is sound. On mavericks i used to check ALC889. But this is not working anymore for Yosemite ?

Cheers

Ah, now that I admit I'm a cheater with. I have a USB DAC that I use for music. I can see if I can get onboard working tonight though!

EDIT: From what I can see, the board uses the ALC889, and Kext Dev Mode needs to be enabled. Will peek at this, especially since this may be the root of my USB 3.0 issues.

I made a new Unibeast stick with Yosemite for upgrading my Mavericks machine with F12 BIOS.
It won't boot using the PCI flags I have used for years (-v PCIRootUID=0).

Is the UEFI upgrade the only way out? I would have to swap my system drive and install Windows for BIOS upgrade and I would prefer to not do that.
I would also prefer to not do a clean installation. It would take several months to install all my applications and all these huge large libraries.

I got my system up and running yesterday. Still missing USB 3 and iMessage. Going to mess around with both today. Anyone fixed either of those yet?

Also, @linw, I could not get it working without upgrading my BIOS to UEFI. I didn't swap my drives out but created a DOS bootable USB drive using Rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie on a windows machine I had access to. Threw the gigabyte files in there and everything worked fine. Make sure you delete your DSDT kext beforehand or else you won't be able to boot. I did a clean install to fix all of that.

I got my system up and running yesterday. Still missing USB 3 and iMessage. Going to mess around with both today. Anyone fixed either of those yet?

Also, @linw, I could not get it working without upgrading my BIOS to UEFI. I didn't swap my drives out but created a DOS bootable USB drive using Rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie on a windows machine I had access to. Threw the gigabyte files in there and everything worked fine. Make sure you delete your DSDT kext beforehand or else you won't be able to boot. I did a clean install to fix all of that.
USB 3.0 fix is to NOT install the USB 3.0 Kext in multibeast, it break Intel USB 3.0 ports. OS X has native USB 3.0 support on the intel chipset.

Hey mate,

Cheers
Check that you have selected the correct output device in audio settings to enabler audio output, same for audio input.
7eec195f9d.png

I removed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and it still doesn't seem to be working. Not recognizing those ports at all now. When I look at my system report I no longer see the USB Super-Speed Bus, just the High-Speed Buses. Is there something I'd have to add back to make it vanilla again?

For those of you who have the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MB and perform a clean install, try to copy the entire Extra folder from the Unibeast 5.0.0 stick to the HDD (into the root - assuming there is no Extra folder). Then install Chimera 4.0.0 from Multibeast 7.0.0. Do not select any other system definitions or boot options. I have not even selected AppleRollback mentioned in this post. That resolved all my boot up issues with this MB.

I wouldn't be surprised if it would work by deleting the Extra folder from the HDD (if it exists) and copy the one from the Unibeast stick. I haven't tried that, though.

Please advise if it worked for any of you so that it can help others.

Hope that above helps.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention that my MB has the beta UEFI BIOS.

I'm on F12 BIOS on my board. Installation went fine but upon restart off HDD, the dreaded cannot find mac_kernel error. Tried the change in boot plist file and still will not boot. Cannot find mac_kernel rears its ugly head.

Clean installation on new HDD w/SL, ML & Windows on separate HDDs.

Anyone else still on F12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back