Contribute
Register

Clean install Mountain Lion - kernel panic during reboot, before getting to MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X, Win7
CPU
i7-2600k
Graphics
GeForce GT 520
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am building my first hackintosh and have been meticulously following the guides found here. My build consists entirely of parts from successful builds in the past. Being a noob at this, I have been going quite slowly, trying not to screw things up... but haven't quite succeeded yet. I have successfully gotten ML to install from USB stick, but upon restarting (to complete the ML setup) consistently have a kernel panic. In other words, ML has installed but I haven't made it yet to the Multibeast part of the process. Here are my specs as well as the versions of unibeast and multibeast I have been using:

mobo: JetWay JNAF92-Q67
cpu: Intel 2600k. i7
gpu: EVGA GeForce GT 520
ram: 32GB GeIL Black Dragon
unibeast: 1.6.0
multibeast: 5.2.1

At this point I'm not sure where to look for my issue. I have set BIOS settings exactly as previous successful builds. However, the builds that I have emulated have been on Snow Leopard - not Mountain Lion. Since 10.7 wasn't available at the Apple Store, I decided to try Mountain Lion - and am regretting it at this moment! (I was really hoping for an OOB experience, as others have had with this exact setup...dang...)

So, I appeal to the hackintosh gurus here, and welcome any suggestions you might have to help me get past this issue.

Thanks in advance.

- Greg

I'm by no means a "guru",still a noob actually, but did you remember to boot from the unibeast USB after installation?

yes. Rebooted from USB, got to the CHimera screen (can choose USB or Mountain Lion), choose Mountain Lion then get the apple screen with the little spinning circle chugging away..... THEN............. the veil comes down and the screen greys out and say I need to reboot.

- Greg

UPDATE: Installation accomplished - but now having kernel panic upon reboot from ML system drive. After taking the GT 520 GPU out, and reinstalling ML I was able to get all the way through MultiBeast - ran UniBeast, network and nVidia patch. Put GT 520 back in, rebooted .... kernel panic at apple screen (and spinning thing...). Booted with -v and it is now consistently crashing at this line: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:: waitForService (resouce Matching)AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out......

What do I need to do to get past this? In Bios, I have set PCI PMI Wakeup enabled, with ACPI sleep state set to S3. On the CPU Config page, currently Power Technology is set to Energy Efficient. Is that correct? Maybe I should close out this thread and start a new one....?!?

Thanks.

- Greg

When your at the bootloader, try typing in...
GraphicsEnabler=No
it is case sensitive so please note this and see if it boots fully, if this works, it means the kexts have not installed properly for your graphics card

- olg207

UPDATE: Installation accomplished - but now having kernel panic upon reboot from ML system drive. After taking the GT 520 GPU out, and reinstalling ML I was able to get all the way through MultiBeast - ran UniBeast, network and nVidia patch. Put GT 520 back in, rebooted .... kernel panic at apple screen (and spinning thing...). Booted with -v and it is now consistently crashing at this line: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:: waitForService (resouce Matching)AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out......

What do I need to do to get past this? In Bios, I have set PCI PMI Wakeup enabled, with ACPI sleep state set to S3. On the CPU Config page, currently Power Technology is set to Energy Efficient. Is that correct? Maybe I should close out this thread and start a new one....?!?

Thanks.

- Greg

once you install - boot from usb and select the HD you just installed....use all the same boot flags you used to run the install......

No they are not case sensitive.....

Then keep looking and searching for info to make the multibeast load all your kext to make ur system 100% functional........

the only way I could get my ML system to boot with my eVGA GTX 650Ti was to install the latest nVidia drivers (not CUDA) Version: 304.00.05f02 before I physically installed the card onto my MB. I used the integrated video VGA on the Motheboard to install the nvidia drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back