Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P8Z77-v Pro/Thunderbolt
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
I've been using a Hackintosh build on 10.8.2 Mountain Lion for the past few years and decided it was finally time to attempt upgrading to Sierra, but I'm running into issues at every turn. I'm using the hardware listed, and here is what I have attempted so far:

Seeing that Sierra supposedly doesn't like MacPro3,1 I attempted to use Multibeast to change my system definition to iMac14,2 or something else. Despite a successful install screen, my build still showed MacPro3,1 everywhere. Reading more threads, I decided to do a clean install. First, I reformatted my SSD. Previously I installed my current build using an iBoot and SL installation on a USB drive. I attempted to use this again, but the Chimera screen always cycled to the same screen. Finally, I tried updating the iBoot partition on my flash drive to iBoot Ivy Bridge v1.1.0. Now I get the iboot0: error issue. I don't understand why I have this issue now since this worked for me originally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been using a Hackintosh build on 10.8.2 Mountain Lion for the past few years and decided it was finally time to attempt upgrading to Sierra, but I'm running into issues at every turn. I'm using the hardware listed, and here is what I have attempted so far:

Seeing that Sierra supposedly doesn't like MacPro3,1 I attempted to use Multibeast to change my system definition to iMac14,2 or something else. Despite a successful install screen, my build still showed MacPro3,1 everywhere. Reading more threads, I decided to do a clean install. First, I reformatted my SSD. Previously I installed my current build using an iBoot and SL installation on a USB drive. I attempted to use this again, but the Chimera screen always cycled to the same screen. Finally, I tried updating the iBoot partition on my flash drive to iBoot Ivy Bridge v1.1.0. Now I get the iboot0: error issue. I don't understand why I have this issue now since this worked for me originally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why not just use iBoot Ivy Bridge CD and SL retail DVD? No need to use USB if you have an ODD.

When I originally created my build, I didn't have an ODD so I created the USB installation with my MacBook. Since then I've moved and lost track of my SL disc which would have been helpful. However, I managed to get the Sierra installation with another computer since I couldn't get it originally with my Hackintosh or old MacBook so I went the Sierra UniBeast route. Progress! (Somewhat). I have Sierra installed, but it won't boot with Clover without the UniBeast USB. The graphics are also messed up likely because of GraphicsEnabler=No in the current MultiBeast setup. Any suggestions for fixing either of these issues?

When I originally created my build, I didn't have an ODD so I created the USB installation with my MacBook. Since then I've moved and lost track of my SL disc which would have been helpful. However, I managed to get the Sierra installation with another computer since I couldn't get it originally with my Hackintosh or old MacBook so I went the Sierra UniBeast route. Progress! (Somewhat). I have Sierra installed, but it won't boot with Clover without the UniBeast USB. The graphics are also messed up likely because of GraphicsEnabler=No in the current MultiBeast setup. Any suggestions for fixing either of these issues?
OK, to begin:
Boot up, paying attention to version of Clover as it boots.
Select OS X icon and boot to desktop.
Mount the UniBeast USB EFI partition and copy the EFI folder to desktop.
At desktop, download and install same Clover version as UniBeast USB to internal HDD/SSD.
Mount EFI partition if Clover installer does not mount it, replace Clover EFI folder with the one on your desktop.
Eject UniBeast USB and reboot.

Post results.

BTW - Since you are installing Sierra and not SL, you need to start a new thread in Sierra Desktop Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back