CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA Gtx 1070 sc sli
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey guys so I finally got my gpu to work but it was only because my gpu was only recognized through the DP..... 7 days of troubleshooting and this was my issue ..... well heres my new issue... DP only exports 60hz while my actual display is 144hz . is there a way to make my gpu display on the DVI port instead of the DP, when I connect my monitor to the DVI port of my GPU it black screens but as soon as I connect it to the DP it starts working but only at 60hz

This article has great info on what is needed for 144Hz: hdmi-vs-displayport-vs-dvi-vs-vga-every-connection-explained
The main line I noticed was this one:
For those of us who game, you might be wondering what's the best cable to use to achieve a 144hz refresh rate. There are various cables you can use, but you should pay close attention to the version of your output port and that of your monitor's.

To get 144Hz, you should ideally use DisplayPort as it is the most capable out of the bunch. As aforementioned, DisplayPort 1.0-1.1a is able to output 144Hz at 1080p, while 1.2-1.2a can output 1440p at 144Hz, 1.3 outputs up to 120Hz at 4K, and 1.4 can output 144Hz at 4K using Display Stream Compression (DSC). This makes it the most popular and best connection to choose for 144Hz.

While this might not help you with the exact problem, it might help.
I did notice that for your video card the DP output is: "DisplayPort 1.4 Ready supporting up to 7680x4320 resolution at 60Hz"

Notice that pesky 60Hz...

Just FYI - My GTX1080Ti won't output 4K at 60Hz unless it's through the DP, HDMI runs at only 30Hz. What resolution are you shooting for at 144Hz?

This article has great info on what is needed for 144Hz: hdmi-vs-displayport-vs-dvi-vs-vga-every-connection-explained
The main line I noticed was this one:

While this might not help you with the exact problem, it might help.
I did notice that for your video card the DP output is: "DisplayPort 1.4 Ready supporting up to 7680x4320 resolution at 60Hz"

Notice that pesky 60Hz...

Just FYI - My GTX1080Ti won't output 4K at 60Hz unless it's through the DP, HDMI runs at only 30Hz. What resolution are you shooting for at 144Hz?
See thing is on my windows partition I can get 144hz on my dvi port but on Sierra I get a black screen , I don’t think it’s defaulting to the dvi port , but when I connect the dvi to dp adapter it works but only at 60hz my monitor doesn’t support DP btw only dvi and HDMI , I’m looking for a way to get my gpu to use the dvi port as default instead of the dp

I’m looking for a way to get my gpu to use the dvi port as default instead of the dp

I think the card simply detects which port is in use...
It should use whatever port has a cable attached, no "default" setting to manipulate. BTW- what monitor are you using?

I think the card simply detects which port is in use...
It should use whatever port has a cable attached, no "default" setting to manipulate. BTW- what monitor are you using?
well apparently it doesn't choose automatically ... my monitor is a Acer GN246HL 144hz. with only hdmi and dvi ports no Display ports. as soon as I connect my dvi-d cable to my gpu it goes black and in stand by but when I use the dvi-d to display port it starts working but only at 60hz

I just tried a HDMI cable and it also works fine at 60hz , so this just means that my dvi-d port doesn’t work in Sierra , it does work in windows . I get 1080p at 144hz in Windows through dvi-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back