Contribute
Register

Classic LC (Build Log)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey iCubeFan,

I've done a little bit of light gaming on it, but I haven't gone too heavy usage yet. And I'm not running added power. It seems to be running fine, and from the picture you can see the ribbon cable I have can utilize added power. I could potentially adapt one of the SATA power connectors to a standard 4-pin molex and use that. However I'm not sure what kind of power draw you can load onto a single SATA lead, especially with this board.

Thanks brrine!
The model from your previous link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127836 is the same one you ended up using?

Thanks brrine!
The model from your previous link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127836 is the same one you ended up using?

Yep, that's the one. It's one of the few 750/750ti GPU's in the form factor I was looking for, Low Profile and able to be used with a single PCIe slot. I will post some benchmarks of the whole system as soon as I can. I need to look into what other people on the forum generally use in their benchmarks.

Hey all,

Today I benchmarked the system using GeekBench, Unigine Heaven, and did a disk test with Blackmagic Disk Speed test.

The results are attached to the post. I'm not sure what to think of them.

In other news, I've ordered a wifi card that should be compatible with OS X capable of 2.4/5GHz. I also ordered some laptop style antennae to fix to the interior of the case, as well as a bluetooth adapter.

I'm really tempted to give the case a black paint job; A.) To give it the modern twist, B.) To hide the imperfections in my work. However I'd love to hear from all of you out there about that idea.

Anyways,
Cheers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 10.05.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 10.05.19 PM.png
    620 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 5.19.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 5.19.13 PM.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 5.30.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 5.30.47 PM.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 5.35.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 5.35.50 PM.png
    155 KB · Views: 163
Hey all, ... deleted ...

I'm really tempted to give the case a black paint job; A.) To give it the modern twist, B.) To hide the imperfections in my work. However I'd love to hear from all of you out there about that idea.

Anyways,
Cheers.

I am of the opinion that painting it black is not the thing to do. The appeal is the original look of the system but modern performance.

That is just my two cents on the subject. And I am keeping my eyes open for a similar case as I see this as a classic mod to add to my collection.

Good modding,
neil

I am of the opinion that painting it black is not the thing to do. The appeal is the original look of the system but modern performance.

That is just my two cents on the subject. And I am keeping my eyes open for a similar case as I see this as a classic mod to add to my collection.

Good modding,
neil

There seems to be a number of units on eBay of the LC II, LC III, and Performa family you may wish to check out. And if you're just looking for the case there seems to be a few of those pretty inexpensive.

Thanks for the feedback as well.

Hey all,

Anyways,
Cheers.

Do you remember the MacTV?
mactv.jpg

Great job with your build!
:clap: Reminds me that I have Macintosh IIcx and Apple IIgs cases sitting in my workshop.

The Macintosh TV, huh? That may have been a little before my time, my first computer ran Windows 95. And my first Mac was 10.3 I think.

And a small update on the system, a bug actually. The 750ti does not output higher than 1080p over HDMI in OS X for some reason, its just fine on Windows. Using SwitchResX allows me to force a 1440p at 35Hz but not full 60Hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back