i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I've just bought a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ (and said goodbye to my GTX 970).

I was googling around to understand which fix I need to to make it work on a Mojave installation (consider that I am going to install it from scratch). I have some confusion, it is not 100% clear which is the situation right now, some posts say that no fix at all are needed, so it works out of the box with full acceleration, some guides state that you need RadeonDeInit or WhateverGreen.

I have a layout with two display:
  • Dell 4K@60Hz connected via DP
  • Samsung 1680x1050@60Hz connected via HDMI

Could someone confirm which is the updated procedure (if any)?

Thank you.

@killkrt,

Installing LilU + WhatEverGreen usually gets most AMD GPU's up and running without any further edits to your configuration. Be sure to remove any and all AMD settings in your config.plist.

Cheers
Jay

So, it's better to install them, something could not work (or with lower performance) out of the box?

@killkrt,

Installing Lilu & WhatEverGreen will ensure that the dGPU has the correct AHCI names, the required AMD frame buffer is selected and enable any additional settings if necessary (such as RadeonDeInit).

Using Lilu + WhatEverGreen takes all the guess work out of what you need to enable in Clover, however you need to make sure there are no AMD settings in your config.plist otherwise they can conflict with Lilu + WhatEverGreen.

You should also enable your IGPU in the BIOS and set the dGPU as the primary display adapter, then configure the IGPU with a "Headless" PlatformID so that MacOS can still use IQS.

See this guide for more info on Lilu + WhatEverGreen and using Headless PlatformID's :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Thank you @jaymonkey, I've just read two of your guides and they're gold! Clear and detailed!
Great job! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back