Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Extreme4
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have created a custom SSDT for my USB ports excluding the ports I don't require to get into the 15 port limit so I didn't need to use the 15 port limit patch. Someone asked for my usb SSDT which I provided however they said they sorted it using FB Patcher which gave him all the ports. I was however under the impression that the 15 port limit was a hard limit and there where possible issues when using the patch long term and it was only a temporary solution. So does FB Patcher make use of the/a 15 port limit patch in order to get all the ports and long term may still be a problem or is it a better way to enable all your ports with no issues. Should I stick to my custom SSDT I created following Rehabmans guide (not actually as complicated as I first envisioned), and stick to my port limit or go with the FB Patcher.

As I'm here another quickie... do I still need to use USB inject all kext when using the custom SSDT or should I remove it now.

I have created a custom SSDT for my USB ports excluding the ports I don't require to get into the 15 port limit so I didn't need to use the 15 port limit patch. Someone asked for my usb SSDT which I provided however they said they sorted it using FB Patcher which gave him all the ports. I was however under the impression that the 15 port limit was a hard limit and there where possible issues when using the patch long term and it was only a temporary solution. So does FB Patcher make use of the/a 15 port limit patch in order to get all the ports and long term may still be a problem or is it a better way to enable all your ports with no issues. Should I stick to my custom SSDT I created following Rehabmans guide (not actually as complicated as I first envisioned), and stick to my port limit or go with the FB Patcher.

As I'm here another quickie... do I still need to use USB inject all kext when using the custom SSDT or should I remove it now.

Either method, same result (if done correctly in each case).

In that case, since I've already done the work of creating the SSDT, I might as well keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back