1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been trying to install Yosemite on an HP 2570p laptop using the latest version of Unibeast and keep running into the circle/slash symbol about halfway into the boot process after hitting go on the Clover menu. Apple's website says this the "prohibitory symbol" and says it indicates the installer can't find a valid System Folder during startup. It recommends using OS X Recovery to reinstall. Which, ya know, happened DURING the install. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204156

I've followed the normal Unibeast instructions, as well as many variations of laptop guides for clover and HP laptops specifically, to include replacing kexts, using various boot arguments...all to no avail.

All of the BIOS settings are set as they should be, and I've tried Legacy with BIOS and UEF64 with EFI. I deleted my copy of Yosemite, re-downloaded it, and remade the Unibeast stick.

Nothing seems to affect it. The verbose mode doesn't seem to give me any additional hints.

My last guess before turning to you guys would be that I am running El Capitan on the machine making the Unibeast stick and that something about El Capitan does not play nice with Yosemite. I had problems with El Capitan on other software, including Handbrake.

Any thoughts?

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

I've been trying to install Yosemite on an HP 2570p laptop using the latest version of Unibeast and keep running into the circle/slash symbol about halfway into the boot process after hitting go on the Clover menu. Apple's website says this the "prohibitory symbol" and says it indicates the installer can't find a valid System Folder during startup. It recommends using OS X Recovery to reinstall. Which, ya know, happened DURING the install. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204156

I've followed the normal Unibeast instructions, as well as many variations of laptop guides for clover and HP laptops specifically, to include replacing kexts, using various boot arguments...all to no avail.

All of the BIOS settings are set as they should be, and I've tried Legacy with BIOS and UEF64 with EFI. I deleted my copy of Yosemite, re-downloaded it, and remade the Unibeast stick.

Nothing seems to affect it. The verbose mode doesn't seem to give me any additional hints.

My last guess before turning to you guys would be that I am running El Capitan on the machine making the Unibeast stick and that something about El Capitan does not play nice with Yosemite. I had problems with El Capitan on other software, including Handbrake.

Any thoughts?

Your laptop has a guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Yes. That was what I was principally using as my guide, except some of the steps are obsolete with the latest version of Unibeast, and I don't see anything in the guide that I can fit to any of the problems/fixes listed. Since this happens during initial boot, and I don't see signs of any of the traps you mention on the page (that I can tell) I am inclined to think this has something to do with the interaction between El Capitan on the machine I am using to create the USB stick and Unibeast 6.20.

A lot of people had problems with Handbrake and El Capitan, and at first, only people who had previously had it installed under Yosemite were able to correct it. So I am wondering if something similar could be happening here.

Yes. That was what I was principally using as my guide, except some of the steps are obsolete with the latest version of Unibeast,

The guide does not use Unibeast.

Follow the guide as written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back