Contribute
Register

Cintiq compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1891562

Hi There,

I was searching the forum and didn't come across similar questions, so here goes,
I'm thinking of building a hackintosh that would be primarily used for my design work (photoshop, illustrator) and some video editing, possibly 4k (after effects, final cut pro x, maybe premiere).

There are plenty of hackintosh specs that can do this I know - but my main concern is i'm using a wacom cintiq for my daily work (http://www.wacom.com/en/products/pen-displays/cintiq-13-hd) and must find a configuration that will support it (connected via hdmi).

i'm currently thinking of the setup that was mentioned by Max Yuryev here -

but he is knowingly using an older generation GPU (Radeon 280X) because he finds it has the least chances of failing.

I'd love to get some suggestions for this setup - and hear from people who are using Cintiqs with their Hackintosh.

Thanks in advance,

Roy

Also very interested in this topic... currently prepping for a build and would love to add a second hand Cintiq to my desk.

I don't see why it would be any problem. You just need an HDMI capable motherboard or video card and a USB port. HDMI for the display part of the Cintiq and USB for touch functionality.

Hey there,

I'm also an illustrator and my wacom 13hd is working fine with my hackintosh, haven't got any problem so far.

Hope it helps,

n.

Thanks for the help guys. @sunsetduck would you mind sharing your specs and what type of cintiq you are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back