Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
is there a way to adjust brightness of the led cinema in hackintosh or windows,i tried connecting my apple keyboard to cinema display and use f1 f2 keys with no luck...

I have the 27 ACD, Lion, and Windows 7 (bootcamp drivers installed).

Brightness, in all cases, is adjusted when I click on the f1/f2 keys on my Apple Wireless Keyboard (2 battery version; latest). This has worked in 10.6.7, 10.6.8, 10.7, and Win 7 64 bit Ultimate (because of the bootcamp drivers).

Is there any chance you need to do a firmware update for the keyboard or monitor (not sure if there even is one for those devices)?

In any case, Hackintosh or not shouldn't matter.

R

Hey guys. Just saw this post and lots of others about brightness control questions. With windows based keyboards its working if u connect the keyboard directly to the back of the cinema display. Brightness control keys are f15 + f16. (if the keyboard shows only up to f12 just count on to the third button right next to f12.)
With other keyboards it was also working ONLY IF THEY WERE CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE DISPLAY. Hopefully it works and helps :)

Hey guys. Just saw this post and lots of others about brightness control questions. With windows based keyboards its working if u connect the keyboard directly to the back of the cinema display. Brightness control keys are f15 + f16. (if the keyboard shows only up to f12 just count on to the third button right next to f12.)
With other keyboards it was also working ONLY IF THEY WERE CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE DISPLAY. Hopefully it works and helps :)
Your answer is really made my day. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back