Contribute
Register

Chrome browser malfunction with Sierra, flash plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
CPU
i7 > Need full model number > See Rules!
Graphics
8800 GTX
I am running Sierra on this:
Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX
8GB RAM

I had been running Yosemite on this same system and everything was fine. Then one day Chrome decided to go wonky on me. My work email is accessed from google.cps.edu. One day the site went blank a split second after it loaded. Then. I noticed, if I went to scratch.mit.edu, I could no longer edit projects (the browser window would turn black). Everything else still worked normally, just these two sites which I use everyday. The sites worked fine in Safari and Firefox, but not Chrome or Opera. All browsers were up to date.

So I decided, that I would try and simply wipe my computer and go to Sierra, surely that would fix it! I have completed the clean install process for Sierra. Everything on my system works, except the same two sites which happen to be the two main sites I need to work.

Things I've tried:
1. remove chrome and all its bits, reinstall = no change
2. disable flash plugin, re-enable = no change
3. reset browser settings = 1/5 times may get google.cps.edu to work temporarily, but then it dies again without warning (on that site and scratch)
4. uninstalled flash/reinstalled = no change
5. tried multiple multibeast setup configurations = no change
6. installed Nvidia web driver 367.15.10.25f02 = no change

I don't want to live with "well, just don't use Chrome" as a solution.
How can I fix this?
Would buying a newer graphics card solve this problem?

Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX
8GB RAM

I had been running Yosemite on this same system and everything was fine. Then one day Chrome decided to go wonky on me. My work email is accessed from google.cps.edu. One day the site went blank a split second after it loaded. Then. I noticed, if I went to scratch.mit.edu, I could no longer edit projects (the browser window would turn black). Everything else still worked normally, just these two sites which I use everyday. The sites worked fine in Safari and Firefox, but not Chrome or Opera. All browsers were up to date.

So I decided, that I would try and simply wipe my computer and go to Sierra, surely that would fix it! I have completed the clean install process for Sierra. Everything on my system works, except the same two sites which happen to be the two main sites I need to work.

Things I've tried:
3. reset browser settings = 1/5 times may get google.cps.edu to work temporarily, but then it dies again without warning (on that site and scratch)

How can I fix this?

Not to be insulting but your system is dated. Have you tried those web sites from a current technology system?

Good modding,
neil

I'm totally not insulted. I use this system at work because I don't need to do much with it, other than access those sites. My home setup is much newer.

I just don't have extra hardware lying around that's newer without rebuilding my home system and I don't really feel like spending the money at this point if I can get Chrome to work.

So to answer your question, no, I haven't tried it with different hardware.

Considering these sites worked fine for a year and a half using Yosemite on this same hardware, and then out of nowhere they broke, would that possibly be simply due to the newer version of Chrome just not liking my hardware in the hackintosh setup? What if I tried installing an older Chrome version, maybe that would work?

Hello thomaspuzio !

I have the same motherboard (GA-X48-DQ6), but I can´t install Sierra. Could you help me with instalation ? Did you use some tutorial ?

Thanks !

Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX
8GB RAM

Things I've tried:

How can I fix this?

Hello thomaspuzio !

I have the same motherboard (GA-X48-DQ6), but I can´t install Sierra. Could you help me with instalation ? Did you use some tutorial ?

Thanks !

Hello!

Don't hijack another person's thread!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back