Contribute
Register

Chris' Build GA-Z87-HD3 i5-4670 Intel 4600 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
VT -d.

for some reason this option is dimmed and I can't change it and it says "enabled"

I have problems to boot in to installation. I get panic.

I set Intel visualization technology to disable.

how do you change this option?

what other bios options did you change?

did you have problems booting in to the installer?
If you a K version of any processor, you don't have the option for Vt-d. It is disabled and cannot be enabled, which is why it's greyed out in the bios. Non K processor users will need to DISABLE Vt-d, as it comes Enabled from the factory.

Leave the virtualization technology alone. I haven't touched mine and have had no problems.

I had no issues getting to the installer. It looks like you got past that though, so good.

thank you.
info updated.

so far all is running good. followed "Chris' Build " thank you all and thank you Chris!!!!!!!

I massage works with the link chris provided.
did the same to update to 10.9.2 (fix permissions after is important)

also used
fatberns' Haswell Hackintosh Build
for dual boot with WIN7.

one more question, I have a 760 on the way. can I plug and play it to work?
or do I have to do some thing else?

oh and where can i get Geekbench?
thank you guys.......

so far all is running good. followed "Chris' Build " thank you all and thank you Chris!!!!!!!

one more question, I have a 760 on the way. can I plug and play it to work?
or do I have to do some thing else?

oh and where can i get Geekbench?
thank you guys.......
You're welcome! I'm glad you got it running.

I'm not sure about the 760 card. Any card in the latest CustoMac guide (click here for the February 2014 guide) should work. I'm still on integrated, so I can't help you there.

Here's the link for GeekBench.
http://www.primatelabs.com/geekbench/

Update: The system has been pretty solid, only with iTunes crashing the system if I try to play video. Good thing that I don't use it for that.

I picked up a second monitor today Dell 2005FPW for $38 at goodwill. In rough shape, but the screen is decent. Couldn't get the system to boot with both monitors plugged in. Did some digging and used the following guide to patch the graphics framebuffer. I also removed the resolution setting in chameleon.plist.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/125239-hd4600-hd4000-hd3000-framebuffer-edits.html

I ended up using the Azul B-90 patch. Rebooted and didn't get the grey screen(s) with cursor that I was before (got endless reboot pre-apple logo before that when i had the GraphicsMode setting in chameleon.plist).

I haven't checked HDMI audio since the patch, as I'll likely never use it.

I ended up using the Azul B-90 patch. Rebooted and didn't get the grey screen(s) with cursor that I was before (got endless reboot pre-apple logo before that when i had the GraphicsMode setting in chameleon.plist).

Looks like I spoke too soon. From a cold-boot, I usually have to reset (with the reset button) 2 or 3 times for the desktop to show. If I don't, its just two grey screens and a cursor (that has no acceleration). Haven't looked into it yet.

I'm getting the same motherboard but with a core i3-4330. Did you use any boot flags in order to reach the installation?

I'm getting the same motherboard but with a core i3-4330. Did you use any boot flags in order to reach the installation?
Not that I remember. Set all of the usb stuff to the right settings and disable Vt-D. I was and still am using the integrated graphics. I even got native resolution at installer/desktop on my Dell U2412 (1920x1200) over DVI.

Comments on Software after Initial Installation
iMessage didn't work OOB. It required installing the "modules.zip" file from This Link.

Just for clarification, did you ONLY install the modules.zip file, or did you run through everything listed on that page including installing the modules.zip file?

Thanks!

Tim

I don't remember exactly. Give the guide a try. It seems to have been refreshed since I looked at it last. If that doesn't work, post back and I'll try to help.

I don't remember exactly. Give the guide a try. It seems to have been refreshed since I looked at it last. If that doesn't work, post back and I'll try to help.

Thanks for the reply! Since I am still waiting for my 250GB Samsung 840 Evo and Bluetooth module to arrive, I went ahead and ran through the guide. It wasn't as hard as it looked like it was going to be, and Messages is working like a champ. The only thing I've seen that is a little off right now is that the sound goes out after the computer goes to sleep. Once rebooted, it works normally. I really appreciate you posting this thread. It helped me a lot with my first hackintosh build. Thanks! :clap:

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back