Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

its been a long time since ive been on this forum because my hackintosh worked fine for 2 years now.
i had mavericks and elcapitan running without problems.
a week ago i bought a 4k screen and i also bought a "gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming"
because of the gpu i had to upgrade to sierra. so i made a fresh install and most stuff on the system is working now.

i have some minor issues like screen is not recognised every 5 times i boot the system.
another one is that everytime i want to use my bluetooth i have to unplug and plug it again in order to work.

but the main problem is that some applications feel very choppy when i use scaling 3200x1800.
i use the hackintosh for music production and the software (ableton) feels choppy when i zoom and drag objects.
when i want to resize ableton window its REALLY choppy for the system.
Also firefox and some other app windows are really choppy when i resize them.
Finder windows work just fine.
4k scale its better but still choppy. but for an 40" monitor thats too small.

My system runs on an ssd.

Thanks in advance!

I attached my config.plist just in case.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 239
Hi everyone,

its been a long time since ive been on this forum because my hackintosh worked fine for 2 years now.
i had mavericks and elcapitan running without problems.
a week ago i bought a 4k screen and i also bought a "gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming"
because of the gpu i had to upgrade to sierra. so i made a fresh install and most stuff on the system is working now.

i have some minor issues like screen is not recognized every 5 times i boot the system.
another one is that everytime i want to use my Bluetooth i have to unplug and plug it again in order to work.

but the main problem is that some applications feel very choppy when i use scaling 3200x1800.
i use the hackintosh for music production and the software (ableton) feels choppy when i zoom and drag objects.
when i want to resize ableton window its REALLY choppy for the system.
Also Firefox and some other app windows are really choppy when i resize them.
Finder windows work just fine.
4k scale its better but still choppy. but for an 40" monitor thats too small.

My system runs on an ssd.

Thanks in advance!

I attached my config.plist just in case.
Yeah, it seems to me either we have a problem, or macOS´s UI is pretty much a piece of crap.
Same issues here.
Not even 4k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back