Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hiya,

I'm fairly new to Hackintosh, done one before but it had many issues and at the time I didn't have the time to spend sorting them out. I am now revisiting it and currently have a fairly perfect installation, however I am currently experiencing issues with choppy graphics whilst opening and running apps. I will start by listing my hardware and then briefly describe the issues I have already had, and how I solved them.

Hardware:
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 LGA1155
GPU: AMD XFX R7850
RAM: 2x4GB Vengeance LP 1866MHz DDR3

When installing Hackintosh (Mavericks) I couldn't get the installation to run without using safe mode, I therefore continued the installation in safe mode and all went smoothly. After installation I then couldn't boot without being in safe mode, it turned out it was because I needed to use the flag 'dart=0', which I have now permanently added to the boot option. Next the resolution was shocking, this was solved by using MultiBoot to add the 1080p option and the graphics now looks nice.

So the issue I am having is that I am getting very choppy and glitchy graphics when opening things such as Safari and Launchpad. This glitching then continues when using Safari which is very annoying. I have taken a video of the issue;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4Q3fKYps4

I hope somebody can help me with this issue,

Thanks!

Hiya,

I'm fairly new to Hackintosh, done one before but it had many issues and at the time I didn't have the time to spend sorting them out. I am now revisiting it and currently have a fairly perfect installation, however I am currently experiencing issues with choppy graphics whilst opening and running apps. I will start by listing my hardware and then briefly describe the issues I have already had, and how I solved them.

Hardware:
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 LGA1155
GPU: AMD XFX R7850
RAM: 2x4GB Vengeance LP 1866MHz DDR3

When installing Hackintosh (Mavericks) I couldn't get the installation to run without using safe mode, I therefore continued the installation in safe mode and all went smoothly. After installation I then couldn't boot without being in safe mode, it turned out it was because I needed to use the flag 'dart=0', which I have now permanently added to the boot option. Next the resolution was shocking, this was solved by using MultiBoot to add the 1080p option and the graphics now looks nice.

So the issue I am having is that I am getting very choppy and glitchy graphics when opening things such as Safari and Launchpad. This glitching then continues when using Safari which is very annoying. I have taken a video of the issue;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4Q3fKYps4

I hope somebody can help me with this issue,

Thanks!

Hey there!

I am also having/had similar problems.

I can't boot except in safe mode and also have glitchy graphics.

Would it be possible to explain step by step how to add the flag into the boot option..

I'm very new to this and totally on my own :/

Also, If you have any news on how to sort out the graphics that would be awesome too

best of luck and thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back