Choppy AMD Radeon 7950 Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
MateBook X Pro 2018
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I almost have my build working and I can boot into Mavericks with GE=No without using safe mode. However, the performance is choppy and i don't think it has fully graphics acceleration.

I also noticed there is no AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext in S\L\E - maybe its no longer needed in Mavericks? Any help would be appreciated.

Did you have to do the sleep trick or the internal graphics as first boot trick or is it basically plug and play except for acceleration?

I have a powercolor 7950 that I have had sitting on top of my pc waiting for the release of mavericks...

Will it boot with graphics enabler = yes?

It's weird because the device ID for the 7950 is in the AMD7000Controller.kext. Also when I boot into safe mode, About this Mac sees the card!! and I get full resolution just crappy performance

Have you set up NVRAM (iMessage fix)?

When I did my 7950 got 3.5 times faster. Power management variables seem to be stored in nvram

Gareth

Hello. I also am having the same problem. I tried the nvram iMessage fix but I still get an activation error and also the 7950 performance is low. Has anyone else got it them to work?

3.1 GHz Core i3
GA-Z77X-UD5H
XFX HD7950

Have you set up NVRAM (iMessage fix)?

When I did my 7950 got 3.5 times faster. Power management variables seem to be stored in nvram

Gareth

How to do it? I even see it in my about this mac, but speed is choppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back