Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Been looking for a H77 itx board and have narrowed down to the following 3: Zotac H77 itx-a-e, Intel DH77DF, ASRock H77M-itx. All three have native sata6G/esata/usb3.0 support, can't tell any major difference between them except the intel one provides a Firewire port which comes in handy.

This build will be use as a digital audio workstation only, no 3D gaming, no photoshop, etc.. and I don't necessarily need audio/wifi to work, as I've had my own soundcard and hackintosh ready wifi usb. So which one would you recommend for me? in terms of reliability, performance, and customer support? Thanks!

Gordo74 said:
The Asrock is the way to go. All you need is speedstepper and the kexts for audio/network (all available in MB) and you're good to go.
ok thanks! i'll be getting it soon! how about graphics? is HD4000 supported yet? as i'm getting an ivb processor for this build.

owatariryo said:
Gordo74 said:
The Asrock is the way to go. All you need is speedstepper and the kexts for audio/network (all available in MB) and you're good to go.
ok thanks! i'll be getting it soon! how about graphics? is HD4000 supported yet? as i'm getting an ivb processor for this build.
The HD4000 wouldn't work until apple uses it for their Mac's. At the moment there's only support for the HD3000.

ok just did some research and found out that both zotac and asrock have identical lan/audio chipsets (realtek RTL81111E, ALC892), plus zotac has an extra mSATA port for SSD use. so should i lean over zotac? any potential i'd screw things up going that way?

owatariryo said:
ok just did some research and found out that both zotac and asrock have identical lan/audio chipsets (realtek RTL81111E, ALC892), plus zotac has an extra mSATA port for SSD use. so should i lean over zotac? any potential i'd screw things up going that way?

Zotac has been known to do shotty quality work, as well as they may lock their BIOS so power management would be a bear to get working. Go Asrock.

owatariryo said:

Hey, did you end up buying the ASRock? I'm looking to build a hackintosh too and this motherboard compatibility business is confusing me a bit.

AfzalivE said:
owatariryo said:

Hey, did you end up buying the ASRock? I'm looking to build a hackintosh too and this motherboard compatibility business is confusing me a bit.
I second that - looking at this Mobo for my hack - and the zotac looks kinda cool so I wonder, does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back