Nvidia GTX 570m 1.5GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I have repeatedly attempted to install a working version of Chimera onto my Mac OSX Mountain Lion hard drive with no luck. It installed fine when I used DSDT in multibeast, but for some reason that causes my mouse and usb to stop working. Chimera loads fine, but when i select my OS I get a black screen after the loading screen. PCIRootUID=0 is the solution to this when booting from the usb, but that doesn't work here. Also, there was no /Extra folder on my hard drive, even after i turned on hidden files. When i installed a theme it was created, but there is no org.chameleon.boot.plist in it. I am at a loss as to how chimera works without any of that. I can boot just fine into OSX with the installation USB, but I am using a laptop, and would prefer not to have to keep a thumb drive in it wherever I go.

Thanks

Miles

Yes, the solution for me was to revert to lion, and completely wipe the hard drive and start from scratch. That also fixed the problem of the mouse, so I was able to use dsdt to install the boot loader properly.

Or You could have used chameleon wizard and saved a org.chameleon.boot.plist from that program.

Here is an example org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple/DTD PLIST 1.0//En" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legaci Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Here for reference. Copy, paste and edit to your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back