nVidia Geforce GTX 460 SE
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!
Today i installed windows 8, but chimera can't boot it! I've 1 SSD for Win 8, and a 1 TB HD for Mountain Lion..chimera is installed in the ML partition..how i can boot win 8 without change the HD boot order?

Are you even able to boot into your Mac volume?

I have the same issue,

As Windows 8 boot loader is on a separate partition, I cannot boot from it.

Using a Rampage IV with Win8 on RAID0 (using Intel), Ubuntu on HDD and OSX on separate SSD (on AsMedia port)

Worked fine triple booting with Windows 7, but have to manually boot either Win8 or Chimera.

A way of enabling chimera to boot the system reserved partition instead of the main windows install would solve this issue.

Hello!
Today i installed windows 8, but chimera can't boot it! I've 1 SSD for Win 8, and a 1 TB HD for Mountain Lion..chimera is installed in the ML partition..how i can boot win 8 without change the HD boot order?

I was able to dual boot W8 and ML on the same SSD drive, but I got the EBIOS read error 0x31...

It messed up my boot on W7-ML boot which is separately on my testing HDD.

Im not sure if this is the Chimera flaws or not but it's not hardware issues (When I disabled all the SATA ports on my PC except the Windows boot drive (another HDD), it boots fine without errors.)

This is how I managed to dual-boot W8-ML. I disabled the FAST BOOT or FAST STARUP from W8 (credit to the guy over racerrehabman dot wordpress dot com) because the Chimera doesnt like this feature on W8,

Find Control Panel in W8 by typing on Start Screen, > Power options > Change what the power buttons do >Change settings currently unavailable> scroll down to Shutdown settings > Uncheck Turn on fast start up (recommended) > Shutdown W8 and you should be able to boot to W8 via Chimera boot menu.

Hope this help somebody
Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back