nVidia Geforce GTX 460 SE
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!
Today i installed Windows 8, but chimera can't boot it! I've 1 SSD for Win 8, and a 1 TB HD for Mountain Lion..Chimera is installed in the ML partition that can boot it easily, but how i can boot Windows 8 without change the HD boot order?

Windows 8 doesn't have this partition such as Windows 7

i think madman is not wrong !
When you setup your hard drive in windows 8 setup, format it. After that, erase the second partition and resize the first partition to the size of the hard drive. That is what i did and i can boot into it !

Give it a try

i think madman is not wrong !
When you setup your hard drive in windows 8 setup, format it. After that, erase the second partition and resize the first partition to the size of the hard drive. That is what i did and i can boot into it !

Give it a try

I've already do it. Now on my hard drive with windows 8, i've only one partition, the partition with the OS..but chimera can't boot it! Display this message:
\Boot\BCD not found ecc ecc...
Are you sure that the method that you wrote is for Windows 8?

I know it because i did it on my own !

Did u format your windows hdd before with OSX and then in windows 8 setup ? Perhaps there is a hidden efi partition set by OSX that u can't see or delete !
Try to format the hdd as unallocated space in OSX, then in windows 8 setup like i said ! Not sure if this is the hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back