Contribute
Register

Chimera v2.2.1 causes the " IOBluetoothHCIController " error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5
Graphics
gtx 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone i have struggled for a long time on this problem:
after installing mavericks via unibeast stick i only could boot in safe mode (-x).
but after installing everything i needed including chimera v2.2.1 i couldnt boot without safemode too, because at normal boot it get stuck at the grey apple screen with a circle rotating.
so i booted in verbose (-v) mode to see where the error is.
so it stopped at " IOBluetoothHCIController ...".
i searched through the forum and it seemed that some fixed the error with updating their bios or deleting some kexts.
but nothing of this worked out for me, so i thought of installing an older bootloader.
and for my surprise after installing everything in multibeast !!but with chimera v2.0.1!! i could boot from my hard drive without any error and everything works perfect my gtx 660 without screen lags , my usb 3.0 ports also 2.0 , internet and sound ! on my asrock z77 pro 3 mainboard.

there is my installation guide additionally :

So this is how you get to boot without safe mode, without getting stuck on the Grey Boot screnn with apple logo.

-So after booting the first time you choose your usb stick
-install os x as usual
-now after the restart you choose your harddrive ( you have to boot in safe mode but just for this one time)
- so boot into your hardedrive but with typing in " -x " before hitting enter. (nothing new so far).
- now you open the latest multibeast available no matter wich version of os x you want to install (for now it is 6.0)
this is where it gets IMPORTANT! :
-choose easy beast (this will tick some boxes right away . you should not untick the pre ticked ones!)
-at drivers your realtek sound drivers you need. (without dsdt)!.
(dont choose the universal usb 3.0 support!)
- and your needed network drivers please check wich you need befoore choosing.
-now at bootloaders choose chimera v2.0.1 ! thats very important because v2.2.1 made the error for me even though its the newest version!
-at customize just additionaly tick fake smc plugins
-now build it up and after finishing restart your mac.

Now choose your harddrive again but this time you should be able to boot without safe mode!
beware: at the grey boot screen it has the wrong resolution but dont be afraid after about 20-30 secs :beachball: it will finaly get you to your desktop with right solution . and your mac is fully ready to use.:)
i hope this could help you.:)

I am also having this problem, but when I downgrade to 2.0.1 as soon as the apple loading screen appears my computer reboots.

I am fairly new at hackintoshing and could use any help available, thank you.

No I am not, for now I installed chimera 2.0.1 and I am booting from a UniBeast usb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back