Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GTX 560M is 3Gb. Chimera reads it as 1.536Gb

Chameleon r1902 reads the correct vram.

Can the source be updated or fixed? Do you need anything from me or can you get the source script from the Chameleon branch?

I prefer to use Chimera no dought!!

Thanks

I normally do not put any graphics card script in the DSST. My DSDT was prepared by Mald0n when he was going crazy with it.

His database is way more extensive in the laptop area.

I like to let Chameleon or Chimera do the work for the graphics card with graphics enabler.

I would have to see a sample script for the graphics card to know exactly how to do this and what to replace in the DSDT i suppose.

I still think that the script from one of the other branches could easily be sourced into Chimera no? Maybe on the next release?

Yes it could, if it wasn't for the fact that the guys have a million and one other more important things than to make sure that your graphics card looks right in OS X.
As I said, it's a cosmetic thing, live with it or do something about it yourself.

thelostswede said:
Yes it could, if it wasn't for the fact that the guys have a million and one other more important things than to make sure that your graphics card looks right in OS X.
As I said, it's a cosmetic thing, live with it or do something about it yourself.

I completely understand but I actually had one of the members of the Chameleon team add it effortlessly and this graphics card is often used in many Laptops.

THis is a high end gamers laptop graphics card and in my opinion should not be excluded.

Basically I do not have to live with it as you say, I can just use Chameleon :)

osxfr33k said:
thelostswede said:

I completely understand but I actually had one of the members of the Chameleon team add it effortlessly and this graphics card is often used in many Laptops.

THis is a high end gamers laptop graphics card and in my opinion should not be excluded.

Basically I do not have to live with it as you say, I can just use Chameleon :)
Then use Chameleon lol
idle threats are silly.

Not an idle threat at all. Just I have options and do not have to feel like instead of answering a question like maybe that will be looked into for a future update but instead an attitude of we know its broke so too bad fix it yourself kinda deal.

osxfr33k said:
Not an idle threat at all. Just I have options and do not have to feel like instead of answering a question like maybe that will be looked into for a future update but instead an attitude of we know its broke so too bad fix it yourself kinda deal.

Never said it was going to be looked into, thelostswede said to edit and add.
Also it isn't broke as it seems to work for everybody but you.

The thing is most of the cosmetics are easy plist or DSDT edits and with soooooooo many hardware choices the people who do the work on that stuff are not going to drop everything and instantly fix your one little issue. Like I said if Chameleon was redone just for you and your issue then why are you not running that and instead running Chimera and claiming that its broke when it's far from that.

I completely see your point and totally agree on this and maybe I was pushing the issue too much. I really only wanted to report this as a bug. I prefer to use Chimera just recently.

I assumed the Chimera branch was much of the source script from the other branches but with much more optimizations if you will, in Chimera. I also thought that that graphics card would have been ported as well is all.

I am assuming there is minimal standardization from all the branches with each of their own specific optimizations I suppose?

If its a future fix no bid deal then never really meant it to be. Just wanted to report it as a bug.

Azimutz from the Chameleon team wrote the script back in July of 2011 and I tested the module for several weeks then eventually made its way to the source. So you can see its been around for a while. This is not really new.

I think this is the first time I have ever asked for some fix since I joined back in 2010. I could be wrong though?

Anyhow you are correct I can try and do something in the meantime. I really only wanted to report this so as to look into it for possible future update.

Sorry about stirring up things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back