Contribute
Register

Chimera text-spinner suddenly hangs (at about '|' or '/') with presence of internal time machine dri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to add my 2 cents. I'm run my gigabyte p55 board with i5 for about 4 years now. Worked my way up from OSX 8 to the last version of 9. Other than the boot 0 problem which I fixed, never really a problem. Then I did the last security update last night and i had the hanging "/". researched and found this thread and unplugged my 2TB time machine. Booted fine. Added the single device line mentioned here to my chameleon plist and now I'm back in business. Looking at upgrading to 10.10 now.:)

Don't do it if you use Messages.

Or unless you feel like using Clover bootloader but yes, iMessage will not work with 10.10 and Chimera or Chameleon.

Anyone know a solution for those of us who use Chameleon as a boot loader for multiple drives?

When I had that bug, I discovered it was the ext4 Linux drive I had installed. After that was disconnected, I was fine. I think a fix is to re-format the extra drives you have, not sure how probable that is. I found the only problem I had was the linux drive, but it seems that time machine drives are bad. Can you re-format the time machine drive and see if that works?

Reformatting the drive worked, but it was a hassle -- difficult for me to reformat an internal drive that causes all of my (Chameleon-powered) boot drives to crash. And I have now had this issue recur twice. It would be nice if there were a solution that allowed recovery without reformatting my Time Machine drive.

me too is having this problem. But my drive is only 320gb.

For now, I am using the "Scan Single Drive" method but I do multiboot so it is a bit of a hassle. When I need to boot into windows, I will go into BIOS and select the windows drive to boot. For some motherboards you have option to go into boot menu where you can directly select which drive to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back