Graphics
RX6800-XT+UHD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Note to Moderator: I posted this thread in the Chimera Features request section by mistake so apologies if this has been already read, obviously the other thread can now be deleted if necessary.

Hi,

Like many new utrabooks and laptops Sony in their infinite wisdom solders the first 4 gigabytes of RAM onto the motherboard. As such Chimera is unable to correctly identify the RAM resulting in OSX having no information on the systems memory. This causes some OSX problems, most notable, it’s impossible to run ‘About this Mac’ as the RAM info is missing/corrupted and causes the desktop to restart, also diagnostic utilities such as System information fail to report any memory information.

The fix should be very easy in that we can add the memory information into smbios.plist so that the Chimera can inject it, indeed Chameleon Wizard makes it even easer to add this info to the SMBIOS plist, so after editing i have the following memory info in my SMBIOS.PLIST
Code:
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_1</key>
    <string>Corsair</string>
    <key>SMmemmanufacturer_2</key>
    <string>Corsair</string>
    <key>SMmempart_1</key>
    <string>CT2862146</string>
    <key>SMmempart_2</key>
    <string>CT2862146</string>
    <key>SMmemserial_1</key>
    <string>000345001</string>
    <key>SMmemserial_2</key>
    <string>000345002</string>
    <key>SMmemspeed</key>
    <string>12800</string>
Apparently this method used to work, however for quite a few versions of Chimera now, it would appear that it no longer parse's the SMmemory information in smbios.plist anymore, every time a new version of Chimera is released i give it a go but so far the problem remains.

This issue (#122) was raised many months ago ...

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/122/

I believe that the problem lies in the logic condition at line 465 in the chimera branch source file :

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chame ... o/smbios.c

If i read the code right lines 464 to 467 are stopping the code from parsing the memory information in smbios.plist, removing the nested ‘if’ conditions i think would resolve the problem but the conditional code must have been put there for a reason.....

I realise that the above reference is out of date in relation to the current version, I researched this issue a quite a while back and posted it on the old forum but the issue remains so its possible that the code is still similar, I know i'm not alone with this issue and i'd really appreciate if the Chimaera developers could take a look at this and implement a fix in the next release, I'm sure that its just a conditional logic issue.

Thank you for all the great work that you guys do with Unibeast / Multibeast ... etc, with these tools, building CustoMAC's has never been so straight forward allowing more of us to enjoy the benefits of OSX.

Cheers
Jay

This issue has now been resolved. Please see my post here for further information.

The new code had been introduced into the trunk build of Chameleon as of 6th Dec 2013 and should make it into the branch builds very soon.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back