Motherboard
GA-Z370P-D3
CPU
Intel i5 8600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX980 SC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So i have Windows 8.1 installed on SSD and i have successfully installed Mavericks to HDD!

I did EasyBeast on multi beast.. And after restart it worked, but it won't boot without Unibeast USB!
It will always Boot to windows. I cannot really reinstall windows because i have all my personal files there.

I have made successfully one Customac on Gigabyte motherboard.

Now i'm installing on Asus z87 GRYPHON Motherboard, I5 CPU, GTX 760 specs..

So how can i get the Chimera Bootloader to work without the stupid USB?

Can you explain how this clover actually work?

I only have experience with Chimera and Chameleon bootloaders.

And i kinda what to keep chimera.. i know how it works. Do you have any idea whats wrong?

So i have Windows 8.1 installed on SSD and i have successfully installed Mavericks to HDD!

I did EasyBeast on multi beast.. And after restart it worked, but it won't boot without Unibeast USB!
It will always Boot to windows. I cannot really reinstall windows because i have all my personal files there.

I have made successfully one Customac on Gigabyte motherboard.

Now i'm installing on Asus z87 GRYPHON Motherboard, I5 CPU, GTX 760 specs..

So how can i get the Chimera Bootloader to work without the stupid USB?

Asus 8 series motherboards require the boot loader and extra folder to be installed on your drives EFI partition, see instructions here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

You will find a Clover guide from the Guide drop down menu at the top of the page.

Can you explain how this clover actually work?

I only have experience with Chimera and Chameleon bootloaders.

And i kinda what to keep chimera.. i know how it works. Do you have any idea whats wrong?

How it works? Hard to explain :)
On Legacy BIOS it works same as Chimera.
On UEFI BIOS it use some kind of rEFIt and DUET bootloader fork. It can patch kexts on the fly before boot, so you don't need to make real changes to kexts, like AppleHDA for sound, or IOAHCIFamily.kext for TRIM.
Clover has different configuration file layout, so you can't use conf from chimera.

Whats wrong with chimera? I don't know for sure but i think you need move it to EFI partition.
And i patched my BIOS for native Power Management (PM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back