i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm running OSX 10.9.3 with Chimera V2.2.1 r2248. Sometimes, and in that case right after the 10.9.3 update, the partition numbers change in Chimera.
To put it simple, my main OSX SSD is 0,2 and Windows SSD is 1,1 and I hid a partition (Windows Extra HD) 4,2.
However, when I rebooted after the update, I found out that my windows extra HD was showing on the chimera boot screen. When I pressed TAB I realized that my Windows SSD changed from 1,1 to 2,1 and that my Windows extra HD went from 4,2 to 1,2.

It is not a severe problem I know but it is quite annoying. From what I understood, Chimera doesn't get its partitions' names/number from OSX neither from the BIOS.

So my question is : why did the disk/Partition number changed and is there a way to bound the disk/partition to a specific ID ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Paul

NB : Here is my current chameleon.boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,2)</string>

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPPlatform</key>
<string>0166000A</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemId</key>
<string>E526F077-BCD1-57E8-A821-C5A3586EA9F6</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Mavs Style</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Edit : I've never managed to make the Default and Hide Partition work with the partitions' names.

I didn't touch that part of the code, so it's something that changed in the Chameleon trunk between Chimera 2 and Chimera 3.

Oups, you misread I think. I didn't updated Chimera. I only updated OSX to 10.9.3.

But I had this issue happened before after a simple reboot.

Why would Chimera change the partitions IDs by itself ? Is there anyway to prevent that ?

Oups, you misread I think. I didn't updated Chimera. I only updated OSX to 10.9.3.

But I had this issue happened before after a simple reboot.

Why would Chimera change the partitions IDs by itself ? Is there anyway to prevent that ?
You said you were using 2378 which Chimera 3.0.1 uses.

Chimera 2.2.1 is based on revision 2248

Sorry about that. Chameleon Wizard says V2.2.1 r2248 but I looked at the top part and not the bottom part. :oops:

Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 12.17.56 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back