Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi,

I recently built my Hackintosh and I'm running Mavericks. I was having the iMessage authentication problem so I searched for a solution and found one. However I have now realised that Chimera is not on my HDD. If my USB is plugged into the PC chimera boots. However if my USB is not inserted when I turn the system on it automatically boots Windows and not using Chimera. I assumed this could also be the reason why the iMessage fix didn't work.

Anyone know of a solution?

Jamie

You could try re installing it with multi-beast and make sure you have all the correct configurations and/or DSDT.Also you could try changing your boot settings in the bios as they might go to the windows hard drive first. If you still appear to not have chimera installed it will most likely be because of the nature of your hard drive, although this shouldn't affect your ability to use iMessage it will probably mean you need your uni beast USB in whenever you boot your computer.

You could try re installing it with multi-beast and make sure you have all the correct configurations and/or DSDT.Also you could try changing your boot settings in the bios as they might go to the windows hard drive first. If you still appear to not have chimera installed it will most likely be because of the nature of your hard drive, although this shouldn't affect your ability to use iMessage it will probably mean you need your uni beast USB in whenever you boot your computer.

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the reply. I'm just using one hard drive, I'll look over the motherboard boot settings. The problem is is that Chimera isn't installed on the hard drive, therefore the iMessage doesn't work. I'll look at it later today.

Jamie :beachball: :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back