Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hope i'm posting in the right place, if not i'm sorry.

I'm trying to update from mountain lion to El Capitan. I've made the unibeast usb drive as per the instructions on this site but upon restart after installation of El Capitan the machine runs chimera instead of clover which of course results in a "no mach_kernel" message. I've tried both changing the bios preferences to boot UEFI as well as manually selecting the UEFI option at startup, neither of these have helped.

hope i'm posting in the right place, if not i'm sorry.

I'm trying to update from mountain lion to El Capitan. I've made the unibeast usb drive as per the instructions on this site but upon restart after installation of El Capitan the machine runs chimera instead of clover which of course results in a "no mach_kernel" message. I've tried both changing the bios preferences to boot UEFI as well as manually selecting the UEFI option at startup, neither of these have helped.
In the forum's Basics section, tonymacx86's has some procedures for updating from a Chimera bootloading installation to a Clover Yosemite or El Capitan installation > http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-basics-and-switching-advice.171680/#4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back