desktop
CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
onboard
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
hope i'm posting in the right place, if not i'm sorry.

I'm trying to update from mountain lion to El Capitan. I've made the unibeast usb drive as per the instructions on this site but upon restart after installation of El Capitan the machine runs chimera instead of clover which of course results in a "no mach_kernel" message. I've tried both changing the bios preferences to boot UEFI as well as manually selecting the UEFI option at startup, neither of these have helped.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
hope i'm posting in the right place, if not i'm sorry.

I'm trying to update from mountain lion to El Capitan. I've made the unibeast usb drive as per the instructions on this site but upon restart after installation of El Capitan the machine runs chimera instead of clover which of course results in a "no mach_kernel" message. I've tried both changing the bios preferences to boot UEFI as well as manually selecting the UEFI option at startup, neither of these have helped.
In the forum's Basics section, tonymacx86's has some procedures for updating from a Chimera bootloading installation to a Clover Yosemite or El Capitan installation > http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-basics-and-switching-advice.171680/#4.