Contribute
Register

Chimera - Impossible to change default partition (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 760
Dear all,
Just upgraded my Hackintosh to Yosemite. Everything work perfectly. I just need the default partition to be load at startup being Windows 8.1 instead of Yosemite. I tried to modify org.chameleon.Boot.plist as explained in several threads but I am not able to change the default partition.

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *256.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Yosemite 255.2 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk1
1: Windows_NTFS Diiivers 1.0 TB disk1s1
/dev/disk2
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *480.1 GB disk2
1: Windows_NTFS Réservé au système 367.0 MB disk2s1
2: Windows_NTFS Windows 8.1 479.7 GB disk2s2
/dev/disk3
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk3
1: Windows_NTFS iTunes 1.0 TB disk3s1

To boot in Windows I have to select the partition in red above (it's in French maybe that's the problem...). Therefore I have included the following in org.chameleon.Boot.plist but it does not work:
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>"Réservé au système"</string>

Maybe the issue is the é and è because on the boot screen of chimera the partition is shown as "R??serv?? au syst??me" not "Réservé au système"... therefore I tried to change to

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>"R??serv?? au syst??me"</string>

but nothing better... Any idea? Is it possible to rename the "Réservé au système" into "System Reserved" the English name ? Or it will make my win 8.1 partition not bootable ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

On your Chimera boot screen - press TAB, there you will see identifiers for all drives. Then in plist use - "hd(x,y)" instead on name of drive

Use Chameleon Wizard to set the default partition. Download it here.
Select your Windows 8.1 drive from the DropDown menu. If you choose the default partition as Windows though, It might show the Windows Bootloader.

Chameleon Wizard.jpg
Hope I helped!

-CyberQuack

Sorry CyberQuack for the late reply but Hackintosh was not my priority the few last weeks...

This works perfectly, exactly what I wanted. Thanks for your help. Best.

Use Chameleon Wizard to set the default partition. Download it here.
Select your Windows 8.1 drive from the DropDown menu. If you choose the default partition as Windows though, It might show the Windows Bootloader.

Hope I helped!

-CyberQuack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back