Contribute
Register

Chimera Help Please!! Updated working Mavericks install to Yosemite and now I can't boot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I recently updated my Hackintosh running Mavericks 10.9.5 to Yosemite 10.10.2 following this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

I can boot into the Yosemite volume, BUT ONLY if I use either my Unibeast 5.1.0 USB drive or cloned Mavericks 10.9.5 volume to get to the Chimera bootloader screen.

Booting directly from the Yosemite volume results in the Hackintosh hanging on the "Loading Operating System" screen. Any ideas how to get past this? There is nothing else on the screen; only "Loading Operating System"

The working Mavericks volume was last updated in September using MultiBeast 6.5.0 and the Chimera version installed on that Volume was 3.0.1

The Yosemite volume was updated using Multibeast 7.2.0

Any info would be greatly appreciated!! I'd like to try and save the install before wiping the drive and trying again.

Bruno

Hi,

I recently updated my Hackintosh running Mavericks 10.9.5 to Yosemite 10.10.2 following this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

I can boot into the Yosemite volume, BUT ONLY if I use either my Unibeast 5.1.0 USB drive or cloned Mavericks 10.9.5 volume to get to the Chimera bootloader screen.

Booting directly from the Yosemite volume results in the Hackintosh hanging on the "Loading Operating System" screen. Any ideas how to get past this? There is nothing else on the screen; only "Loading Operating System"

The working Mavericks volume was last updated in September using MultiBeast 6.5.0 and the Chimera version installed on that Volume was 3.0.1

The Yosemite volume was updated using Multibeast 7.2.0

Any info would be greatly appreciated!! I'd like to try and save the install before wiping the drive and trying again.

Bruno
Try deleting your Mavericks /Extra folder and regenerating it with Yosemite MultiBeast.

You may be Going Bald, but you are a genius!!! That totally worked!! You saved me much time and aggravation in further troubleshooting/cloning/re-installing!!

This is an excellent community; I built this Hackintosh back in November 2009 and other than upgrading to a new Video Card and SSD, it's still going strong on it's original parts!

Thanks again,

Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back