Contribute
Register

Chimera HD Graphics Bootflags: IGPEnabler, IGPlatformID, and IGPDeviceID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Lets say we have a dual graphic real mbp equipped with both intel hd AND nvidia gpu.
And want to disable gpu and force the osx/windows to only use intel hd.
Is it possible to use this tool to do that ? or this only works on hackintosh?

Hi
Lets say we have a dual graphic real mbp equipped with both intel hd AND nvidia gpu.

This is hackintosh only (and currently broken).

I've always wanted to make my first hack... But im not sure if my machine will work, i5 3450 Intel HD 2500; main board GB z77-ds3h. Not enough money to buy a decent graphics card... I've read that the HD2500 is not fully suported, and im worry to not be able to pass even the first step.
Does anybody know if could work for me??
thanks a lot!

I've always wanted to make my first hack... But im not sure if my machine will work, i5 3450 Intel HD 2500; main board GB z77-ds3h. Not enough money to buy a decent graphics card... I've read that the HD2500 is not fully suported, and im worry to not be able to pass even the first step.
Does anybody know if could work for me??
thanks a lot!

With HD2500 CI is supported, but not QE. It is a good solution if you want to run the machine as a server, but not adequate for desktop use.

Hi,

I am having problem with the graphics. Sometimes my hackintosh runs smoothly and sometimes it will freeze and take me back to the log-on screen. Then a report saying "a graphics problem has been detected" will pop up.

My specifications are:
i5-4960k
Gigabyte GTX 760
Asus H97i-plus
16GB DDR3-1600Mhz Ballistics
Running Yosemite

I chose easy install with Multibeast and add the LAN driver and audio driver only.
GraphicEnabler = No (by default) ; IGPenabler (I forgot, but i did not change anything).
Could anyone help me out with this problem?

Hi

For RealMac just use a tool called gfxCardStatus. It loads next to the clock and you can choose Integrated Only, Discrete Only or Dynamic Switching. Gives you visual feedback of what device is in use too. Find it here https://gfx.io

Hi to all!

My specs: Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / i5 4440 / Gigabyte GTX760 4GB.

I'm already running smoothly for more than 2 years Mavericks with 2 monitors on my GPU. Now, I want to add a 3rd monitor running from my IGP (HD4600).

I've added to org.chameleon.Boot.plist the below:
Code:
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0D220003</string>
<key>IGPDeviceID</key>
<string>0412</string>

If I select from BIOS to boot with IGPX as first option, it start loading but the (3rd) monitor freezes at the Apple logo with the wheel spin. My other 2 monitors are working fine. If not select IGPX as 1st option, the monitor never lights up.

Going to about this Mac, I can see the IGPU, but no monitors attached.
IGPU.jpg GPU.jpg

Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back