Contribute
Register

Chimera has a Fix for iMessage with Mountain Lion 10.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting error "Your Apple ID "[REDACTED]" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time." and to contact customer support. The Chameleon 2.0 is installed, and Modules under extra contain FileNVRAM and Keylayout dylibs, as well as nvram.[...].plist in Extra.

Any help? Thanks

wlp5, I'm using a fusion drive too. To update Chimera is it as simple as installing the update twice, once on each boot partition of each drive?

Normally, those partitions shouldn't be mounted and visible so no, you can't do that. Here's what I did, perhaps some steps are redundant but better safe than sorry.

1. Install the new Chimera on the Fusion Drive. No need to reboot yet.
2. Use Pacifist to extract all the files that are in the i386 folder from the new Chimera.
3. Use this guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ion-drive-using-tonymacx86-tools-chimera.html
and follow the steps (terminal commands) from "sudo su" onwards to copy the bootloader to both boot partitions.
4. As you do the last step, make sure you copy your new /Extra folder (there's a step there) which includes the new modules folder. In general, you should keep the /Extra folder synced in all 3 locations. To make it clear, if you execute the cp -R command, you're ok regarding the folders. As I didn't change anything myself on the /Extra folder, at first I skipped it but the chameleon installer did so you have to do that.

Reboot and done.

me too same error

Hi, I have installed the latest Chimera and I still can't get iMessage, iCloud, etc to work at all, for iMessage, I created a new apple ID, verified.
When I try to sign into message I get the error: "Could not sign in to iMessage. The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later."
When I try to sign into iCloud I get the error: "Unable to sign in because of a problem communicating with iCloud. Try signing in again." I have tried trashing NetworkInterfaces.plist.

No luck at all :crazy:

Also Since updating to Chimera 2.0 my audio has stopped working. I have ADI 1984A onboard sound on a Dell Precision T7500. I was using VoodooHDA 0.2.1 on 10.8.2 without any issues. Any ideas please?

Cheers.

UPDATE: I now have sound working, but still have the issue:

When I try to sign into message I get the error: "Could not sign in to iMessage. The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later."
When I try to sign into iCloud I get the error: "Unable to sign in because of a problem communicating with iCloud. Try signing in again." I have tried trashing NetworkInterfaces.plist.

Cheers.

Are you using the default serial number included in MultiBeast. If so change it to a different serial number.
Hi MacMan, thanks for replying, I am already using a unique serial number created with Chameleon Wizard.
Anything else I could try?

Kind regards.

All fixed now, used EFIStudio to create network HEX, then put that in my Boo.plist.
Still dont have have audio working though.

What do you mean by "create network HEX"? I do have EFIStudio and tried what I thought you meant, but to no avail. Also changed my serial. On the plus side, my audio still works, so I suppose that's something. Thanks.

All fixed now, used EFIStudio to create network HEX, then put that in my Boo.plist.
Still dont have have audio working though.

Hi jason_fox, OK, heres how it goes.
The key is to getting <key>IOBuiltin</key><true/> MUST NOT BE FALSE, in the file NetworkInterfaces.plist. You can't change that value manually, it won't work. Use EFIStudio to generate your network HEX string, then in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file enter:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>YOUR NETWORK HEX STRING</string>

Once rebooted, this should then make the <key>IOBuiltin</key><true/>, and then allow sing into iCloud, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back