Contribute
Register

Chimera has a Fix for iMessage with Mountain Lion 10.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Since updating to Chimera 2.0 my audio has stopped working. I have ADI 1984A onboard sound on a Dell Precision T7500. I was using VoodooHDA 0.2.1 on 10.8.2 without any issues. Any ideas please?

UPDATE: I now have sound working, but still have the issue:

I have a Dell Optiplex 760, and am trying to get the audio working. It has the same ADI 1984A onboard sound. I followed pretty much every guide, AD1984.pkg, VoodooHDA, ... but can not get it working. I only get sound output devices with VoodooHDA 2.8.2, but no sound is actually coming out. I'm baffled, since everyone else seems to get it working quite easily.

However, I only started working on it yesterday, and thus used the latest Chimera. You mentioned you solved it for your machine. May I ask how?

I have a Dell Optiplex 760, and am trying to get the audio working. It has the same ADI 1984A onboard sound. I followed pretty much every guide, AD1984.pkg, VoodooHDA, ... but can not get it working. I only get sound output devices with VoodooHDA 2.8.2, but no sound is actually coming out. I'm baffled, since everyone else seems to get it working quite easily.

However, I only started working on it yesterday, and thus used the latest Chimera. You mentioned you solved it for your machine. May I ask how?

Hi, It nice to know I'm not the only one having this issue then.
I did have it working, sort of, by using -v -f in my boot strings, but this would only work in about 1 out of 3 boots, and now can't seem to get it working at all.
I too have tried everthing, not sure where to go no, I still just have 4 Digital Out in the sound settings, not sure if there are even looking at the sound card or if they are actually HDMI from the graphics card, not sure...
Could we try using DSDT.aml, or <key>device-properties</key>, or something else?

Cheers.

Thank you, sir. I tried that and, well, it nuked my gfx card. Tried adding a string for the gfx card (9800GTX), but to no avail. Bummer. At least I had a mirror drive to mess with. Now I'm back to no Messages (the Chameleon 2.0 fix didn't take) and a boot issue from using Migration Assistant. Good times.

Hi jason_fox, OK, heres how it goes.
The key is to getting <key>IOBuiltin</key><true/> MUST NOT BE FALSE, in the file NetworkInterfaces.plist. You can't change that value manually, it won't work. Use EFIStudio to generate your network HEX string, then in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file enter:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>YOUR NETWORK HEX STRING</string>

Once rebooted, this should then make the <key>IOBuiltin</key><true/>, and then allow sing into iCloud, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Hi peanutman, I may have got somewhere, not sure if it's worked as I am Remoted into my Hackintosh at the moment.
Take a look at the info below, I am using VoodooHDA 0.2.7.2 with the <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> modification in the below thread:

Solution 2: edit Info.plist, replace the key IOPCIClassMatch by IOPCIPrimaryMatch and put the PCI ID of your audio card in string.
Before
Code:

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x04030000&amp;0xffff0000</string>

After
Code:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x3b568086</string>

0xDeviceIDVendorID

I wasnt able to paiste the link, just google some of the above text.
Cheers.

Hi peanutman, I may have got somewhere, not sure if it's worked as I am Remoted into my Hackintosh at the moment.
Take a look at the info below, I am using VoodooHDA 0.2.7.2 with the <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> modification in the below thread:
Cheers.

Thank you for the recommendation! I won't have access to the machine until tomorrow, but I'll definitely try it out and post back. Thanks!

OK, it didn't work with VoodooHDA 0.2.72, switched to VoodooHDA 0.2.61, made the change below and now I have sound :D although the volume adjustment doesn't work, just need to find a fix for that now.

Have you tried 2.8.2 ? You can download it here:
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2746&page=4

For me this is the only one that identifies all my hardware correctly (including HDMI audio devices and such). 2.8.2 works while 2.8.0 did not.
The problem now is that the audio from my onboard is heavily distorted, and needs some messing around with in the VoodooHDA control panel. But the volume works...

You don't even need to patch it, for me it "worked" OOTB.

EXCELLENT! cheers for that, after a bit of tweaking, it is working, when adjusting the volume slider it makes a slightly very small other odd sound, but essentially it works. Cheers peanutman.
I used:

<key>VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix</key>
<true/>

<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key>
<true/>

Also added in the VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.app to auto boot, is this needed?

Cheers.

After installing Chimera 2.0.1, iMessages didn't work: same problem connecting to server.
I tried different things but no way. I mirrored the Extra Folder to the two Boot OS X partitions of my Fusion Drive. Still no iMessages.
Then I checked the uuid of my Fusion Drive and noticed that it has changed. I updated the boot-uuid in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the three Extra folders and bingo, iMessages works now perfectly.

What did you update the UUID to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back