Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[Solved]Chimera hangs when external backup drive plugged in

Hi,
as the title says I am having a problem where, if my external drive is plugged in, chimera never gets to the boot selection but hangs at the "\" symbol.
I recently partitioned the external drive (which is 2TB) to have a 400GB Time machine backup and since then the problem started. Never seen anything like it before partition or on Snow Leo (I am currently on Mountain Lion with chimera 1.11 I think)... btw if it helps I could't partition the drive with Windows' internal disk manager so I used Partition Wizard.

Thanks!

Hi,
as the title says I am having a problem where, if my external drive is plugged in, chimera never gets to the boot selection but hangs at the "\" symbol.
I recently partitioned the external drive (which is 2TB) to have a 400GB Time machine backup and since then the problem started. Never seen anything like it before partition or on Snow Leo (I am currently on Mountain Lion with chimera 1.11 I think)... btw if it helps I could't partition the drive with Windows' internal disk manager so I used Partition Wizard.

Thanks!

I ran into the exact same problem. Here you can read more about my work around.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-ud3h-i7-2600k-hd3000-lion-58.html#post481287

Awesome, it worked! Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back