Motherboard
Asus P8H67-M
CPU
i3
Graphics
GT 640
Hi

I have a big problem.

I made a clone of my osx in another drive to test the upgrade process from Mavericks to El Capitan. I wanted my main os to be safe of any mistakes. I took al the precautions i could.

I upgraded this cloned drive, and then proceeded with multibeast. I was ver careful and checked that the destination drive of clover was this new cloned drive and NOT my main drive.

After all this I rebooted my computer and chimera started. And hanged. It hangs at the beginning.I think its when its checking all the drives the computer has.
There has to be something in the new drive partition that it doesnt like.
UPDATE: I removed all the drives except the ssd (that I wanted to be untouched) and tried to boot. And still hangs on the beginning.

So does this means that the Clover installation messed up something on the SSD? Or is it on the EFI? I thought the EFI partition on the drive that was being changed was the one I put in Multibeast and not any other. Is there any explanation for this? Any way to solve it. Can I remove in any way the Clover loader?

How can I solve this. I wanted to work on the upgrade process while having my main osx untouched as it has been a stable computer for years.

Is there any incompatibility on having Chimera and Clover on the same system? I think i read they could live together... Also they are in different drives.

Last edited:
SOLVED!

For some weird reason the installation of Clover on the other drive messed up something in the TimeMachine drive and now Chimera can't boot if it's attached.

I'm going to get into this one now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back