Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z270-A
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi Everyone

I last attempted a Hackintosh install about 6 years ago, just too much work. Tried again today, absolute success, everything seems to be working.
I used Unibeast to create the USB stick and successfully installed on to a USB hard drive. On first install I used Multibeast to install Chimera, unfortunately the OS would not load again.

To run OS X I have to boot from the USB key and then choose the Yosemite hard drive, but I do have to use the commands:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=1
npci=0x2000

As OS X seems to run excellently without any extra tampering, I would need a boot loader that would just automatically run those 3 commands on startup, with nothing else added. Is this possible?

Did you also choose to install FakeSMC.kext, Basic Boot options and those options?

Without any of that it will never boot from the hard disk with just Chimers.

Chimera succesfull install - USB 3 and Ethernet issues

I installed the Easy beast option and added the AppleACPIPlatform Rollback option. Which fixed a problem of the progress bar not moving at the grey screen with apple logo.

So I can now boot successfully to the desktop. I have a few niggles though.
The ethernet adapter crashes periodically, with no throughput, even though it is still connected. If I change a setting in the network section and then set it back to what it was, click apply, this then re-establishes the connection. I did include the RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2 in the Multibeast install. Also when I connect the hard drive to a USB 3 socket, it gets to the desktop then slows to a halt. I also choose the the USB 3.0 - Universal option in Multibeast.

Any ideas on the USB 3.0 and Ethernet issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back